Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Miscarriage stats?

(5 Posts)
weeblueberry Wed 10-Oct-12 14:21:42

I'm 9+5 and we went for a private scan on Saturday where the sonographer found a strong heartbeat. So, while I know we're not out of the woods, it's a good sign. smile

I just wondered if anyone could point me to a page that has the likelyhood of miscarriage at certain stages of pregnancy? I know it's not always accurate etc but I'm a numbers and statistics person and am curious to find out.

Thanks!

katiecubs Wed 10-Oct-12 15:18:10

http://www.pregnancycharts.org/miscarriage.php

i have read somewhere else too that it's 3% chance after a heartbeat is confirmed so the odds are now well and truly on your side - congratulations!

Jollyb Wed 10-Oct-12 16:39:36

The figures quoted to me by a doctor in the foetal medicine unit were 93% chance of live birth if HB at 8 week scan rising to 95% if 12 week scan ok.

Paradisefound Wed 10-Oct-12 16:41:26

Yes I had an early scan at 7 weeks, the dr said there was a strong heartbeat and she said that indicated a strong pregnancy and far less likely to miscarry. I had a 13 week scan this week still strong heartbeat.
If I were you I would relax, it's looking good... And congratulations!

weeblueberry Wed 10-Oct-12 22:49:35

Thank you very much ladies. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now