Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really can't feel baby kicking 22 weeks

(13 Posts)
Mixxy Tue 09-Oct-12 20:56:14

Could feel baby moving at 19 weeks the odd time, can't feel anything for the last 2 weeks. Even when I'm looking at him at my scans he's moving about and waving, kicking and squirming and the technician says things like "You don't feel THAT?" I put a call into my doctor today to see if she got my latest scan results to see if I have an anterior placenta or something that might explain it. Starting to worry. Yay! Another thing to freak out over. Did anyone here have a placid baby who turned out fine?

Iwillorderthefood Tue 09-Oct-12 21:05:21

Just bumping for you.

debbie1412 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:08:25

Buy yourself a Doppler, I've used the angel sounds 1. With my 2 pregnancies stops the panic. X

debbie1412 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:10:22

Oh and with my 1st, he was really placid didn't get regular movements until 24 weeks+ hence reason I bought Doppler in 1st place x

Natzer Tue 09-Oct-12 21:10:57

I second the doppler!! It always helped me not to worry and It used to chill me right out listening to it.

JimbosJetSet Tue 09-Oct-12 21:11:22

I didn't feel DC1 move until about 23 weeks, and it was about 20 weeks with DC2. I had thought when I was about 15 weeks with DC2 I could feel movement for couple of days but I guess it was just my dinner digesting blush

Mixxy Tue 09-Oct-12 21:24:40

Hhhmmm, debating the doppler purchase. But if I don't use it properly I'll freak myself out more. Last time I listened at my scan a few days ago babys heart rate was 120, which freaked me out in itself.

I have a LOT of gas problems (just pregnancy related!) maybe I'm just not picking it up.

KittieCat Tue 09-Oct-12 21:32:07

I had a VERY lazy placid baby and all was fine but please don't take a chance. If you're concerned never think twice about contacting your midwife or going straight to the hospital if appropriate.

My midwife hammered it home to me that this is what the healthcare professionals do and they are there to help. I panicked a few times due to lack of movement when I was counting DS's movements but he was just a lazy fella! Making up for it now...

Herrena Tue 09-Oct-12 21:37:34

Didn't feel my first until 25 weeks due to anterior placenta. Would recommend NOT getting a doppler as you will get obsessive with it not that I'd know anything about obsessive behaviour oh dear me no

Oh and if you do get scared then go to the maternity unit, not A&E. My local A&E (in a large city) doesn't have a doppler and also has no-one trained to use one if they had one in the first place confused

18wksplus Wed 10-Oct-12 02:55:52

Am 20 wks with #2 and feeling very little. Know for a fact I have an anterior placenta which helps calm my fears! I also have a doppler - it made me obsessive when baby was hard to find earlier on, but now I can find either the heartbeat or noises of movement within seconds, even with the placenta in the way, so it really helps me.

Paying attention to movement isn't generally advised until third tri though since it's not accurate until then, if that helps reassure you.

Walkingchloe Wed 10-Oct-12 03:19:47

I didn't feel anything until 23 weeks, Ds now a lovely big 11wo. Got a bit stressed with it at the time mainly because people seemed shocked when they asked if I felt him move and I hadn't. Felt him lots more once I hit third tri though. Had anterior placenta. Don't hesitate to go and get checked out but normal I think to not be feeling anything yet.

Brugmansia Wed 10-Oct-12 07:21:53

I was given a print out at my 20 week scan with all the info including that I had an anterior placenta. The sonographer put it in my maternity notes that you keep. Maybe you can check in there to see, as that is how I found out.

I'm almost 24 weeks and although I've been feeling bits of movement for a few weeks is only really over the last week it's really been noticeable.

Mixxy Wed 10-Oct-12 15:14:41

Hi Brugsmania, I had a scan at 18 weeks and at 21 but I didn't get any info with my results (which go directly to my doctor). I live in New York so they tend to do everything a little different over here. Doctor still hasn't gotten back to me yet hmm. I did a transvaginal at my last scan but they she didn't give me a definite answer, she just said it was "fine", whatever the hell that means.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now