Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Yellow discharge

(6 Posts)
rainand Tue 09-Oct-12 17:33:09

Hi,

Woke up this morning to find yellow discharge, which isn't normal for me. I've been on lactulose, mebeverine and gaviscon for past few days. Is this discharge a cause for concern?

Thanks!

rainand Tue 09-Oct-12 17:33:42

Forgot to say im in my 7th week.

MB34 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:49:32

I've had yellow discharge all throughout my pregnancy (I'm now 35 weeks) so much so that I've had to wear a pantyliner everyday!

Does the discharge smell? I did think it was urine but it doesn't smell at all. At my first midwife appointment I mentioned it and she did a swab to send off for tests - they came back as showing nothing. My midwife didn't seem alarmed by it so I have always assumed it's just part and parcel of being pregnant!

I would mention it to your midwife, or go see your doctor if you are concerned to put your mind at ease.

rainand Tue 09-Oct-12 19:14:13

Thanks MB34! Feel reassured.

mummy2benji Tue 09-Oct-12 19:30:09

Same - have had to use pantyliners throughout my pregnancy too (now 37+3) and was the same with ds. If it doesn't smell particularly then I agree it's most likely just normal pregnancy symptom, but I agree with the above mentioning it to midwife / GP if you've got any concerns - a low vaginal swab would set your mind at rest.

windsurf74 Tue 09-Oct-12 20:11:34

I have shares in pantyliners, the amount I have had to use this pregnancy (35+4) My mw just shrugged and said it's a common pregnancy symptom. Increased wetness in general (eww! oh the pleasures of being pg!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now