Advanced search

Mat B1 form confusion.

(7 Posts)
glossyflower Tue 09-Oct-12 16:06:56

Hi guys.
I'm confused about the form Mat B1 and Mat Ex form.
I'm 12 weeks and whenever I pick up a prescription (I usually pay) I say I'm pregnant but don't have the form. The pharmacy tick the box anyway even though I can't prove it.
From my understanding you can't get the form until much later but next week I have a dental appointment which being pregnant can do for free but how do I prove I'm pregnant?
I could ring my dental practice (midwife is on holiday) but thought I'd ask the valuable wealth of knowledge that are Mumsnetters.
Thanks xxx

carrielou2007 Tue 09-Oct-12 16:09:42

Mat b1 you don't get until after 20-24 weeks or something. Your midwife should hzve ordered (sorry not tight expression) you'd exemption at you'd booking and you get like a credit card which is you certificate that you can show when needed smile

EmptyCrispPackets Tue 09-Oct-12 16:11:32

You can have a matb1 from 20 weeks of pregnancy, the nhs exemption form is what you need for free prescription / dental / eye tests. We give them out here at booking appts, so you could call your midwife.

Kelerina Tue 09-Oct-12 18:04:41

Funnily enough I had a dentist appointment this morning, my midwife gave me my exemption at booking in appointment but I forgot it this morning, I just told them I was pregnant and had an exemption but had forgotten it, they just asked me to sign a form and I got it for free.

I would say, try that plus ask your midwife for exemption card.

halloweeneyqueeney Tue 09-Oct-12 18:09:50

I got my exemption form at the booking in apt, the MatB1 isn't available till after 20 weeks

Lora1982 Wed 10-Oct-12 09:40:42

my midwife gave me a form at booking in for the exemption form it arrived a few weeks after i sent it off. mat b1 is for your employers for maternity pay

ThreeWheelsGood Wed 10-Oct-12 10:23:34

They are two separate things! You can apply for the maternity exception certificate (for prescriptions and dental treatment) with a stamped/signed form from your midwife.

The MATB1 form is for showing your employer to prove entitlement to maternity leave, you get it after 20 Weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now