Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rib pain - anyone found anything that helps?

(4 Posts)
minipie Tue 09-Oct-12 14:56:02

I'm 31 weeks and have been getting a stabbing pain under my ribs/in my diaphragm on the front left hand side. It only happens at night and mainly when I turn from one side to the other. So it's not all the time thank god but when it does happen I am almost crying from the pain (and waking up poor DH!). It helps a bit when I press the tender spot but then it comes back.

I know rib pain in pregnancy is quite common, especially for small women like me sad. Just wondered if anyone has found a solution? Stretches? Chiropractor? Deep heat...?

debbie1412 Tue 09-Oct-12 15:09:58

I lay on that side when it's happend to me, currently 37 weeks and baby likes to push up right against my left side. I just lay on it so it encourages baby to shift a little. You are right tho it is sore.

Londonmrss Tue 09-Oct-12 15:30:10

I get rib aches all over more than localised pain. I started wearing a different bra (Bravado) and found that really helped for some reason.

minipie Wed 10-Oct-12 10:47:50

Just to update - I realised last night that the pain is much less if I hold on to my bump when turning over. So basically I think it's caused by the weight of the bump pulling on my ribs (or the tendons/muscles there anyway). At least I have a sort of solution...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now