Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton hicks how early second time

(4 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Tue 09-Oct-12 13:37:36

This is my second pregnancy I am 17 weeks and I think I am having braxton hicks alredy is this normal for a second pregnancy. I have been having them for around a week now, at first I wasnt sure but its the same as last time whole bump area tightens and slowly releases. Though bump is still timy. It feels soo weird.

TheLittleFriend Tue 09-Oct-12 14:34:34

I posted something similar at about 17 weeks too! It is normal, don't worry.

Apparently everyone gets then from about 6 weeks, but people feel them at different stages. Some never at all smile

milkyjo Tue 09-Oct-12 14:43:53

Me too! I am also 17 weeks! Not as strong but the same feeling, I had them from 26 weeks in my first pregnancy, very frequently sometimes every 10 minutes within an hour. I have a theory that this prepared my womb for labour and I have always had the opinion that they are a good thing! Whatever helps me through the pains eh?! I always need a wee when I have them.

minipie Tue 09-Oct-12 14:49:38

I had them from about 18 weeks on my first pregnancy. They are apparently more likely if you are dehydrated or need the loo...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now