Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What (if anything) can I take/use for a sore throat, blocked nose, sinus trouble?

(8 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Tue 09-Oct-12 10:56:35

Am 11 weeks if that makes a difference.

It gets really bad in the middle of the night, so I'm looking off things that give fairly easy and instead relief (not hot drinks etc).

Orenishii Tue 09-Oct-12 11:00:03

Maybe try a bowl of hot water with Vix in, towel over head, steam inhalation bath thingy before you go to bed?

I was never a fan of just quaffing flu tablets or Lemsip anyway, so something menthol-wise might be your best bet.

Orenishii Tue 09-Oct-12 11:00:05

Maybe try a bowl of hot water with Vix in, towel over head, steam inhalation bath thingy before you go to bed?

I was never a fan of just quaffing flu tablets or Lemsip anyway, so something menthol-wise might be your best bet.

Scroobius Tue 09-Oct-12 11:14:43

I had this, nothing worked brilliantly but for night time relief but some albas oil on a tissue and hold it under your nose for a few minutes then take it to bed with you and put it in your pillow case. I had sinus trouble to the point that I lost my hearing a bit until the doctor told me I could use albas. It's also good for steaming.
For the sore throat/cough linctus was what I was told to take but didn't seem to do much I'm afraid.
HTH

sammyleh Tue 09-Oct-12 11:26:20

Steam bath with vix is great... and honey and lemon drinks to help your throat. There's not a lot you can take sadly sad xx

FreeButtonBee Tue 09-Oct-12 12:36:13

a salt water nasal spray thing is good. I use Sterimar and find it does help the blockage a bit. Sweety style cough sweets (like halls/lockets) are fine and I find they do give a bit of relief.

halloweeneyqueeney Tue 09-Oct-12 12:37:39

manuca honey and lemon

Havingkittens Tue 09-Oct-12 13:56:50

I wrote this on another thread. Gargling with soluble paracetamol (before swallowing it rather than spitting out) is really good for sore throats. I've had a really sore throat with blisters at the back of my throat and it's help a lot. It will also help with a cold. Vicks is great for blocked sinuses and it also helps a bit if you're feeling a bit chesty. I've also been using the Sterimar. That's good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now