Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No 16 week check for second pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
PinkFondantFancy Tue 09-Oct-12 10:42:04

I'm booked at the lister in Stevenage and I don't seem to get a 16 week MW check? Is this normal? This is my second baby and I had a 16 week appt with my last baby.

wkmmum Tue 09-Oct-12 10:54:17

I can't be far from you (also booked in at Lister) and did have a 16 week appt (am 33 weeks now). Have you checked with midwife that this is right? xx

wkmmum Tue 09-Oct-12 10:54:53

PS This is my 2nd as well xx

WingDefence Tue 09-Oct-12 10:55:03

I've got one at 16 weeks for my second pregnancy. Do you have those green NHS notes in Stevenage? In mine, the MW at my booking appt wrote in all the dates of the antenatel checks I would get and at 16 weeks it is with the community midwife at my GPs.
And I'm considered really low risk.
It does seem a bit odd not to get anything between (say) 12 and 20 weeks. Have you spoken to the midwife team to find out if you can have one anyway?

BionicEmu Tue 09-Oct-12 17:38:16

Not in Stevenage, but I'm on my second pregnancy and have a 16 week check. Have booking at approx. 8 weeks, then 16 weeks, then 28 weeks. So here you miss out the 24 week check if you're on your second or more.

Is there a guide in your notes as to when checks are? Or you could always call your surgery just to check?

halloweeneyqueeney Tue 09-Oct-12 18:11:06

I got a 16 week one but no 22 week one for second pregnancy, Just 16 wks and then 28 weeks

PinkFondantFancy Wed 10-Oct-12 08:03:40

Thanks all, after a v v long call with antenatal, turns out my GP practice has a community MW who does that check. Thank goodness for MN - I'd just have assumed you don't get one otherwise as I hadn't been told anything about arranging it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now