Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help!!!

(8 Posts)
freya86 Tue 09-Oct-12 10:32:50

I have a serious migraine and paracetamol isn't even taking the edge off! I just can't cope with it and need it to go away. I'm 22+3 and ru struggling with this. It's been like this for 4 days and I've been off work for 2! HELP!!!

sammyleh Tue 09-Oct-12 10:48:57

Have you spoken to your doctor or midwife? it could be something to do with your blood pressure. I suffered big time from about 15 weeks with headaches and nothing got rid of them other than eating little and often, and drinking a lot or water and the odd cuppa tea here and there. They did eventually wear off and I can completely sympathise. Pregnancy headaches/migraines are the worst! Worth getting your blood pressure checked just to eliminate it. Hope you feel better soon xx

freya86 Tue 09-Oct-12 10:53:50

Thanks, I was at the doctors yesterday and I have a uti but she checked my blood pressure and it was fine. Never had a headache like this and it's driving me insane! Did you use anything that helped? X

sammyleh Tue 09-Oct-12 11:24:44

I tried paracetamol but it just wasn't strong enough so I just gave up on it and slept most of my headaches off. Kinda hard when you're still at work but they will stop eventually. I had an ongoing one for about 5 days which just disappeared one morning. All I can suggest is drink lots, eat little and often and sleep when you can. I think a lot of women on this site have mentioned 4head - that stick that you rub across your head - being safe for pregnancy. There are things you can use, its just a case of doing a little research xx

amatuermummy Tue 09-Oct-12 17:59:14

The consultant at the hospital told me that co-codamol is safe to use too, perhaps you could try that?

HaveALittleFaith Tue 09-Oct-12 18:13:34

Yes try something with codiene in - definitely safe in pregnancy - I'm on quite a bit. The other thing that is brilliant is kook and soothe strips. Pop one on your forehead, it takes the heat out and eased the pain. I find it helps with visual disturbance. Really though you need to rest - stay hydrated - and it will ease off.

Rockchick1984 Wed 10-Oct-12 10:45:00

I found that by that stage of pregnancy I had to double the amount of water I drank each day otherwise I had awful migraines, could it be something like that?

HaveALittleFaith Wed 10-Oct-12 11:08:59

My midwife told me I needed to drink twice as much in pregnancy - I already drank 2 litres of water a day! smile definitely helps to stay hydrated, especially if you do end up taking codiene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now