Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Another cold

(6 Posts)
sophiad Tue 09-Oct-12 07:51:21

Morning all
Was wondering if any of you suffered with colds during pregnancy. I'm 15 weeks and I'm getting my 2nd cold in about 4 weeks span, last time I felt really poorly for a good few days. Going on holiday on Thursday so having honey and lemon and some paracetomol today. But really want to feel better by Thursday sad

Kelerina Tue 09-Oct-12 08:00:34

I have had one pretty bad cold so far, am 19+5, had to take two days off work! Usually I am NEVER sick, definitely pregnancy related I think. Sorry no advice, I took honey/lemon and paracetamol too, not sure what else you can do really. Hope you get your holiday though!!! Feel better soon smile

wkmmum Tue 09-Oct-12 08:45:49

I had a couple of really nasty colds earlier on in this pregnancy. Normally I probably only get 1 a year! Your immune system is suppressed while you're pregnant so it's easier to pick things up xx

CityDweller Tue 09-Oct-12 08:56:41

I've felt like I'm coming down with a cold / my hayfever is kicking off for 2 months (I'm 15 wks). Dr Google say I have 'allergic pregnancy rhinitis'. I'm going to go to real Dr and see if I can get a nasal spray or something, cos it's driving my slowly crazy.

sammyleh Tue 09-Oct-12 08:59:33

I avoided them throughout my pregnancy but now at 38+2 I've been trying to shift one for about a week. Not much else you can take other than paracetamol and honey and lemon really. Keep hydrated and that should help too xx

sophiad Tue 09-Oct-12 09:13:22

Thank you ladies, I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only one! I shall defo drink lots of water also. I may not come to work tomorrow if it doesn't go, I'm the same Kelerina, never off sick! Thank you for kind wishes, I'm sure a week in the sun will help me fend it off ;-) xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now