Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Another cold

(6 Posts)
sophiad Tue 09-Oct-12 07:51:21

Morning all
Was wondering if any of you suffered with colds during pregnancy. I'm 15 weeks and I'm getting my 2nd cold in about 4 weeks span, last time I felt really poorly for a good few days. Going on holiday on Thursday so having honey and lemon and some paracetomol today. But really want to feel better by Thursday sad

Kelerina Tue 09-Oct-12 08:00:34

I have had one pretty bad cold so far, am 19+5, had to take two days off work! Usually I am NEVER sick, definitely pregnancy related I think. Sorry no advice, I took honey/lemon and paracetamol too, not sure what else you can do really. Hope you get your holiday though!!! Feel better soon smile

wkmmum Tue 09-Oct-12 08:45:49

I had a couple of really nasty colds earlier on in this pregnancy. Normally I probably only get 1 a year! Your immune system is suppressed while you're pregnant so it's easier to pick things up xx

CityDweller Tue 09-Oct-12 08:56:41

I've felt like I'm coming down with a cold / my hayfever is kicking off for 2 months (I'm 15 wks). Dr Google say I have 'allergic pregnancy rhinitis'. I'm going to go to real Dr and see if I can get a nasal spray or something, cos it's driving my slowly crazy.

sammyleh Tue 09-Oct-12 08:59:33

I avoided them throughout my pregnancy but now at 38+2 I've been trying to shift one for about a week. Not much else you can take other than paracetamol and honey and lemon really. Keep hydrated and that should help too xx

sophiad Tue 09-Oct-12 09:13:22

Thank you ladies, I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only one! I shall defo drink lots of water also. I may not come to work tomorrow if it doesn't go, I'm the same Kelerina, never off sick! Thank you for kind wishes, I'm sure a week in the sun will help me fend it off ;-) xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now