Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bras!

(15 Posts)
forgetmenots Tue 09-Oct-12 06:34:58

Hello! This is my first post on a forum ai never thought U would get to smile It's early days, I'm only 5 weeks gone, but my boobs (which were big before) are killing me. I am trying to sleep in a sports bra just for support!
Can anyone recommend decent bras that will help,er, take the strain...?

forgetmenots Tue 09-Oct-12 06:35:48

Damn iPhone - I never thought I would get to this forum.... grumble at spoiled first post!

Kelerina Tue 09-Oct-12 07:49:36

For night time I bought this www.bravissimo.com/products/nightwear/pyjama-tops/pj-cami-top/floral-print/nw104fpt/?show=16&sort=1&level=1

I pretty much just get into my pj's when I get in from work!!

It's worked for me!

OctoberOctober Tue 09-Oct-12 08:45:56

I ended up having to buy 4 new sets of bras through pregnancy as I increased in size several times! grin just a warning!

I found Bravado very good.

ThreeWheelsGood Tue 09-Oct-12 08:48:49

Go and get fitted if you can - I'd recommend John Lewis or Bravissimo. I wore a genie bra for a lot of my pregnancy, recommended if you're finding your bra makes morning sickness worse.

sammyleh Tue 09-Oct-12 08:57:44

I also worse a sports bra in the early stages but soon out-grew it. Definitely get fitted for something more comfortable smile

forgetmenots Tue 09-Oct-12 10:47:59

Thanks all. Didn't think there was much more growing my boobs could do (they were 34FF!) but I was wrong! Will definitely get fitted and have a look at these.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 09-Oct-12 10:53:29

Whatever you decide to buy, don't get too many of them. I changed size several times during both previous pregnancies (have already changed twice this time and am only 11 weeks).

cuppateaandagingersnap Tue 09-Oct-12 21:14:56

I have found the genie bra good, boobs were 34E previously, now 7+4 and boobs substantially bigger and VERY tender, also they do seem to change day by day so genie bra quite good for keeping up with the changes. They recommend you choose your dress size but I chose the size up as was more comfy and better coverage for bigger boobs but still supportive.

forgetmenots Tue 09-Oct-12 22:54:17

threewheels and cuppatea I'm tempted to give the genie bra a gp especially as they aren't so dear! But do they give you a total monoboob? (Although pregnant, still vain! ;) )

ThreeWheelsGood Wed 10-Oct-12 07:55:43

No actually, I was surprised by the shape they give - pretty flattering. they look good if visible under clothes too, like having a vest/crop top on. I'm used to underwired, D-cup.

forgetmenots Wed 10-Oct-12 08:09:38

Thanks threewheels! Trip to the shops today I think... Sounds spot on!

forgetmenots Thu 11-Oct-12 08:01:03

Just to say thanks ladies, picked up a genie bra yesterday and love it already. Relief! Think I will get a three pack of these to see me through.
Thanks again smile

ThreeWheelsGood Thu 11-Oct-12 13:57:47

that's great smile

booboomonster Thu 11-Oct-12 18:11:43

For what it's worth - I got the emma jane next generation nursing bra for night time and although there is a bit of monoboob (kind of inevitable when you are rolling from left to right side etc), it's pretty supportive and comfortable. Its good that you can get it in your back size and cup size (I'm a 34E). I go up to a G cup post birth so no idea if it will still work for then, but it's pretty stretchy and might still do for nights. It's cheap too. For day I stay with underwired, just get bigger sizes as I cannot bear no wires and the monoboob look. Plus, it's uncomfy. Anyway, I'm always on the look out for these things so I thought I'd add my piece! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now