Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Having Sleeping troubles? help!

(9 Posts)
melthelioness Tue 09-Oct-12 02:49:56

I am 38 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am currently only sleeping 2-3 hours at a time! Doesn’t matter if its during the day or at night! Anyone experienced anything similar

EMS23 Tue 09-Oct-12 02:58:38

Sorry to say but 2-3 hours in a block is pretty good at 38 weeks. Lots of women struggle to do that long at your stage.

Make the most of what you are getting and sleep whenever you can.

NattyCraig Tue 09-Oct-12 03:12:01

Hello,

37 weeks and awake! Having same issue as have SPD and if I move its agony. Can't get comfy!

Think we just have to grin and bear it, try nap a little through day / evening if you can

X

Susieloo Tue 09-Oct-12 03:25:19

I really sympathize it was one of the things that drove me bonkers about pregnancy was the lack of sleep, for the last 4-5 weeks I was up ever hour needing a wee. Try and nap when you can.

JaffaSnaffle Tue 09-Oct-12 03:39:50

Another pregnant insomniac here. I'm 36 weeks, woke up with crampy pains and upset stomach. It's gone now , but I can't get back to sleep.

whatsoever Tue 09-Oct-12 07:01:41

From about 30 weeks onwards I'd consider 2 hours+ in one block a success.

sammyleh Tue 09-Oct-12 09:02:57

I'm 38+2 and not struggling much I'm sorry to say... I put it down to my maternity pillow. I've tried a few nights without it and those are the nights I cant sleep due to hip and pelvis pain, but when I've got my pillow wrapped round me and inbetween my legs I sleep really well. If you don't have one, maybe try cocooning yourself into a position with smaller pillows and see if it works. Could be worth a try for a decent night of sleep xx

Kelbells Tue 09-Oct-12 09:31:42

I'm 38+5 and had been getting up a few times during the night... I was exhausted and so was DH!.... For the last week I've been massaging my bump before bed with carrier oil, clary sage and lavender and I've been sleeping right through until the morning! You might want to read up on clary sage a bit first though as its reported to be able to start labour so shouldn't be used until 37 weeks, it's not done so for me yet and you're well passed that but if you want to be sure to get to 40 weeks maybe just try lavender first? HTH! smile

noblegiraffe Tue 09-Oct-12 14:17:42

Make sure you get plenty of sleep before the baby gets here!!!

<hollow laugh> I'm only 24 weeks and haven't slept well in ages now. Have ordered a pregnancy pillow in desperation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now