Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

One of this tmi threads

(10 Posts)
chezziejo Mon 08-Oct-12 20:53:45

Hi all

I'm currently 33 weeks an have had a bump that's all up front and very uncomfortable. Ds was all over and caries low. Anyhow bump seems to have dropped and sorry in advance I keep getting shooting pains in my fanjo. Nothing horrendous just very uncomfortable an I've noticed that I keep getting swollen down there. Is all this normal ? I don't recall having it with Ds. No tightening a or anything else just a lot of pressure and discomfort.

Thanks

chezziejo Mon 08-Oct-12 20:54:21

Sorry title should have said one of those. Damn this phone.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 08-Oct-12 21:14:12

It sounds like the babies head is engaged. Its normal in the end stage. Shooting pains and pressure are caused by this. It means everything is moving forward. smile

whatsoever Mon 08-Oct-12 22:42:45

Normal by my experience. Head is probably pressing right on your cervix. You have my sympathy... And probably my waddle!

chezziejo Mon 08-Oct-12 22:50:17

Hehe definately have a waddle. Hope she hangs on in there, isn't 33 weeks a bit too early? Still got two weeks left to work and moving house in two weeks as well. I don't like to do things by halves grin

mameulah Tue 09-Oct-12 08:14:52

chezziejo - Good luck with the house move, I am very impressed!

AliceHurled Tue 09-Oct-12 08:17:27

Mine engaged at 34. Have had increasing shooting pains since then, now nearly 40. People seemed to think it was normal.

Rockchick1984 Tue 09-Oct-12 08:33:30

DS engaged at 32 weeks, born on his due date. All normal IME, used to also feel a horrible scraping feeling when I walked towards the end, the MW said it was his head rubbing on my cervix <<vom>>

charlienash25 Tue 09-Oct-12 09:23:55

This helps explain my pain too...I also have a swollen fanjo and getting shooting pains there and around my previous cs scar...I did go to hospital (with many other problems) which they told me its probably just the babys head engaging. Didnt take what they said seriously though...smile

chezziejo Tue 09-Oct-12 16:23:51

mameuhla why thank you very much. Most of its packed ready thankfully, just praying nesting kicks in for when we have moved. Not to mention having a two year old as well. Eeh it's no wonder I look old grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now