Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I like food - it doesn't like me

(3 Posts)
Amnewtoallthis Mon 08-Oct-12 17:34:17

I just had a fantasy about being able to eat peanut butter and toast, it's not that food is repelling me (though the thought of alcohol and coffee is) it's just when I eat it my stomach feels like it's burning. The GAviscon the GP prescribed appears to be working - he just said its all down to the slowing down of my digestive system. Also told me to avoid spicy food and tomatoes? I've been avoiding wheat and dairy which seems to be working but am sooo craving normal food! Cheese and crusty bread, a curry, a cup of tea, a cream cake... and I'm only 9 weeks pregnant!

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 08-Oct-12 17:40:51

Poor you. Hopefully it'll get better after the first trimester? I guess keep trying different foods, see what you can handle, consider taking a vitamin supplement if you're not getting enough in you.

itsmyfirsteek Tue 09-Oct-12 07:44:21

I can sympathise. Every time I eat I burp for ages, big loud and painful. I don't have any burning anywhere so I am loathe to say that its heartburn but I'm still necking the gaviscon in the hope that it helps. I'm going to try avoiding white carbs as I've read that helps and I'll take the tip from you on the tomatoes xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now