Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity allowance processing

(8 Posts)
issimma Mon 08-Oct-12 17:27:18

Does anyone have any idea how long it's taking to process claims for MA at the moment? I remember it being super speedy with dd, but seems to be taking much longer this time.

mummy2benji Mon 08-Oct-12 17:29:27

I applied in July and had a letter 3 weeks later to say they had accepted my application for MA and that I was entitled to it. I've recently started my mat leave so have just sent the letter off to say I am ready to start claiming it. So it has all been processed pretty quickly. x

issimma Mon 08-Oct-12 18:46:48

Thanks - has only been 2 weeks. Am impatient as was a couple of days last time!

TheBigRazzoo Mon 08-Oct-12 21:02:57

Mine took 3 weeks too I think.

chezziejo Mon 08-Oct-12 21:09:57

Mine took 3 days :-0

fairimum Mon 08-Oct-12 23:16:30

about 3 weeks here too, in the end I called and asked them about it and they confirmed has been processed that day and paperwork in the post!

issimma Tue 09-Oct-12 13:13:38

Thanks - will give it another week before chasing grin.

Cookiesandcream06 Tue 09-Oct-12 20:05:04

Sorry to add a question - when you send off your application and they get back to you, do you not start getting paid right away? And how long is that wait? Just I leave work really soon and still haven't sent my forms off confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now