Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in between ribs

(7 Posts)
datingthedevil Mon 08-Oct-12 16:24:50

Hi all,

I've been experiencing… I don’t think I’d say pain, more of an uncomfortable feeling in between my lower ribs on the right hand side. It's like i'm being prodded hard. It is really noticeable and quite annoying, especially when I want to take a nap.

It this likely to be my dear baby kicking me there? I’m 30+4

Many thanks for your help,

C x

issimma Mon 08-Oct-12 17:30:32

Oh yes, it's baby getting feet comfy under the ribs. It really hurts, esp when they kick. Am 32 weeks and have the same issue grin.

Yes. Its the baby.

Try standing up straight for a while or bouncing on a gym ball.

I had this at the same time as BH. It was excruciating!

datingthedevil Mon 08-Oct-12 17:34:58

Thanks Issimma, it just feels like someone has their fingers continually in between them and won't get them out. Its so uncomfortable. Can't I prod him and get him to move his feet?

When I read about it online it said to push the baby down yourself.

I didnt try that though.

datingthedevil Mon 08-Oct-12 17:50:31

I can't do that, that's cruel! and how hard would be to push anyway? and how do you know what you are actually pushing?

issimma Mon 08-Oct-12 18:46:17

I'd go for the raise your arms option - gives baby a bit more room. I do poke a bit and rub downwards to no avail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now