Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Losing clear mucus plug

(4 Posts)
Roopoo Mon 08-Oct-12 15:01:51

Just lost a load (sorry tmi) of clear mucus plug when I went to the toilet.
I didnt have this with first pregnancy and as Im only 35 weeks pregnant just wondered if this meant labour was imminent??

WeeLors Mon 08-Oct-12 15:25:38

I've been getting this the last few weeks too - increased mucus but its clear. I'm 37wks at the mo so prob started around the same time. I wouldn't worry, its only considered 'a show' if its blood streaked. I figure its either the baby becoming more engaged and thus pressing on my cervix or even maybe just the cervix starting to slowly thin out to get ready for the birth (my midwife told me this can start ages before actual labour)

HTH

P.s. This is my 2nd pregnancy too and I don't really remember it with the first either.

Roopoo Mon 08-Oct-12 15:26:56

Thankssmile
I feel like a first timer again... Seem to have forgotten everything.

AnAirOfHalloween Mon 08-Oct-12 15:31:07

I would mention it to your midwife but dont worry untill there is blood in it. Losing the plug does not mean labour is going to start now.

Congrats on baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now