Talk

Advanced search

POAS

(18 Posts)
olimoss Mon 08-Oct-12 11:08:46

How many times did you POAS, and for how long into your pregnancy did you do so?

I am a bit addicted...

panicnotanymore Mon 08-Oct-12 13:51:11

Three times. Once at month 1, but it was negative so I assumed (wrongly) I was in the clear. Again at 7 weeks, and nearly fell over when the positive came up. A third time on GP advice a week after a massive bleed, to see if junior was still hanging on in there (she was).

olimoss Mon 08-Oct-12 14:09:03

very measured - thank you!

cupcake78 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:14:56

I had a friend who did it 7 times in one day just because she liked to see the line appear gringringrin.

I love that she did this grin

CollectorOfCookbooks Mon 08-Oct-12 15:27:20

I've just thrown out 4 - and I'm contemplating POAS again tomorrow just to check that I still am (I am!)

olimoss Mon 08-Oct-12 15:33:09

Glad it's not just me....!

Orenishii Mon 08-Oct-12 16:06:18

The first month of TTC - where we didn't really know what we were doing, apart from the obvious wink I POAS once and I really knew it wasn't too early and stuff. I think that first month we didn't even really make the decision to begin TTCing until after I ovulated anyway so it doesn't count - haha!

Next month, I must have PO about 8 ovulation sticks, and then PO THE stick very early because I was getting period pains and just wanted to get the BFN over with. Got a surprise BFP, PO about 8 more sticks, then a digital Clear Blue at work just to see the words PREGNANT grin

ZuleikaD Mon 08-Oct-12 16:13:39

One. But I kept it until after my nuchal scan. grin

MyDaydream Mon 08-Oct-12 17:10:13

Loads. I bought a 20 pack of cheapies on eBay and used most of them! Although the first few times the line wasn't very clear so kept trying the next day and the next day, carried on until I got what I considered to be a dark enough line, probably somewhere about day 10 of POAS. If I didn't have the cheapies I'd have been much more restrained!

Dogsmom Mon 08-Oct-12 17:13:54

I did two, both were within an hour of each other when my period was 2 days late.

I'm now 18 weeks pg and they are still in the drawer smile

whatsoever Mon 08-Oct-12 17:14:41

Two pregnancies, with the first I POAS on the day after my period was due, the second time 2 days early as I had an inkling.

Other than the twice I've had BFPs there have been very few occasions I've POAS as my periods were very regular so I have rarely been more than two days late for my period while TTC.

RightUpMyRue Mon 08-Oct-12 17:21:49

With this PG I was convinced it had finally, finally worked so I think I started to POAS from as early as 7 DPO.

There was no line but I was sure there would be so I kept on POAS until I got a faint line at 10 DPO and then progressively darker ones until I went out and bought a CB digi at 14 DPO.

I then did another one a week later to see that my hCG levels were rising (previous MC, was worried).

At least 9, probably 10. blush

SummerRain Mon 08-Oct-12 17:28:24

Dd, none myself but the gp and hospital made me do loads... All negative. Had to be scanned to confirm pregnancy.

Ds1, 2. I was so surprised to see a faint line (see above) that I did the second in the pack the next day and proudly presented it to my gp blush

Ds2, one. It was really dark... I almost died of shock and immediately panicked about twins. grin

Ellypoo Mon 08-Oct-12 17:51:53

I did 3 - Sat, Sun & Mon - didn't believe them!!

olimoss Mon 08-Oct-12 21:27:43

You're all hilarious....is pleasing to know my record of 7-in-10-days isn't too crazy....I shall stop soon. I think morning sickness is upon me, that'll be proof enough....

dietcokeandwine Mon 08-Oct-12 22:00:51

I've always done five or six, one every few days, in the weeks following a BFP...never had the willpower to just keep it to one test! I have to use a variety of brands, too, just to make sure the one I've used isn't duff <mad>

Mind you, my mum still keeps a POAS test that I gave her to announce my pregnancy with DS1 (now 8). I wrapped it up as part of her 60th birthday present. And I still have my original POAS from DS2 (3). It took me flipping years to conceive him after a long battle with secondary infertility. Not sure I'll ever manage to throw that pee stick out blush

Both tests are still showing the 'pregnant' line though grin

ZuleikaD Tue 09-Oct-12 06:14:00

With my first the MW told me that the average is seven. So presumably some people are doing, like, 20.

HaveALittleFaith Tue 09-Oct-12 08:01:50

11 tests, 28 months of TTC. I suspect the length of time TTC has a direct effect on the number of tests required to truly believe it! I stopped POAS 2 weeks after I got the first one. I realised by then I just had to assume I was pregnant unless proven otherwise! I've still got one left in the cupboard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now