Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

thought i was better - clearly not :(

(12 Posts)
charlienash25 Mon 08-Oct-12 08:09:48

Im 33 weeks pregnant this week. Last week i suffered with gastro enteritis and couldnt eat for 4 days. I managed to start eating but every single night as soon as i get into bed i feel the urge to throw up.

Off to the bathroom I go and every single item that I have eaten or drank that day comes straight back up. Could this be morning sickness in the last trimester or should i be more worried?

Because im being sick so much im getting period cramps around my previous cs scar and in my lower tummy

DolomitesDonkey Mon 08-Oct-12 08:18:03

Erm labour? Cramps and clearing out your system? Phone your mw now!

charlienash25 Mon 08-Oct-12 11:42:30

My mw wont have anything to do with me - wont speak to me or see me (long story). So i phoned labour ward and explained. They have booked me an appointment in AAU to check my obs etc but dont sound too worried. I also thought it could be early labour but have not been getting tightenings and baby is moving around - not much i will add as only having about 6 lots of movements a day.

LW dont seem too bothered...

AlisonDB Mon 08-Oct-12 12:07:57

Are you NHS???
Your midwife simply can't refuse to see you!
Even if you have a direct problem with her she has to have a co-worker you can see instead!!
I would be putting in a formal complaint about your midwife if she has blocked you from receiving help and care!

charlienash25 Mon 08-Oct-12 12:42:16

Im under consultant care as mw was responsible for my daughter being stillborn in 2010. she wouldnt listen to anything i said or how i felt. i knew something was wrong but she always flobbed me off with some bullshit and i ended up arranging a funeral rather than welcoming my new arrival.

18wksplus Mon 08-Oct-12 13:36:43

Are you well enough to go to the hospital? If so go. Don't wait to be invited. Turn up and demand to be seen.

panicnotanymore Mon 08-Oct-12 13:44:42

omg charlie, I am so very very sorry about your daughter. The MW should be struck off. Hugs.

DolomitesDonkey Mon 08-Oct-12 14:30:20

Good god, that's awful. I agree with others, go to hospital now and sit in A&E until "something is done". Can you phone your consultant? Given your previous history, current symptoms and lack of movement you cannot sit and wait. I'd come with you if I were anywhere near.

charlienash25 Mon 08-Oct-12 16:40:03

I have been to the hospital, thanks everyone.

Even though im drinking 6 pints of water a day my urine has a ph of 7 which apparently means im very dehydrated hmm 'Well yes I havent been able to keep anything down which is why im here stoopid'

They monitored me and baby is fine, have been given some sickness tablets by a different consultant - he said they were fine but in the leaflet it says do not take when pregnant confused

There was also protein in my urine for the first time in my pregnancy so not so sure what this means.

They also said the pain in my lower tummy/cs scar is nothing to worry about and is 'probably just babys head engaging'

Think i'll try and book an earlier appointment with my consultant who can actually speak english and most of all will listen to my worries and reassure me more. Although he's only in our local clinic on Fridays sad

AlisonDB Mon 08-Oct-12 17:50:42

Oh Charlie, I am so sorry for the loss of your little girl, that's just awful,
I'm glad you have been seen today and that things looks ok with your baby. Try to rest as much as you can, if you work, phone in sick do not be going back to work till you are 100% well!
And if you have any more niggles, doubts or concerns go straight back to the hospital, but i agree you should make an appointment ASAP with your consultant,
Just out of interest what medication have you been given??
X

charlienash25 Mon 08-Oct-12 17:54:49

I left work at the end of august as was struggling with SPD and didnt want to put too much strain on myself standing.

I will be going back if i feel anymore concerns. Sometimes feel like they would rather I didnt though the amount of times I've been in. Yes in there eyes it may be silly little things but with my previous I need all the reassurance in the world.

I have been given Amoxicillin 4 x 500g a day (so know this is going to put me to sleep for the 5 day course!) and Valoid tablets for the sickness which im to take 2 a day. xx

18wksplus Mon 08-Oct-12 18:04:12

Not sure about the drugs but please don't feel like you shouldn't be at the hospital. It is their job to look after you and so you go and demand as much help as you want.

I have a friend who works as an ambulance paramedic and he's been called out for headaches and nosebleeds. Those are trivial concerns: yours are not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now