Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many days after conception should you wait to take a pregnancy test??

(11 Posts)
MammaMo Sun 07-Oct-12 15:12:25

Hi, We did the deed 7 days ago and I really want to take a pregnancy test but know it is still too early for a positive test.
When is the earliest anyone has taken a test and got a positive?

NimChimpsky Sun 07-Oct-12 15:15:45

I always test positive from about 9 days post ovulation but then I already know I'm pregnant by that point.

For a good answer either way, you should wait at least 2 weeks. The other thing is that sperm can live for a few days inside you. So while you may have had sex 7 days ago, you might only have conceived at the point of ovulation 4 days later. So you're only 3 days post conception in that scenario. I'd give it at least a week tbh.

aufaniae Sun 07-Oct-12 15:25:34

Ah, I didn't manage the 2 week wait! I got a very faint line at about 9 or 10 days. Did another the following day, still very faint indeed. Did an early response test the same day and got a clear line smile

HaveALittleFaith Sun 07-Oct-12 15:31:56

Ideally at least two weeks. You don't necessarily get pregnant the day of the sex, those swimmers can hang around fit a few days! I got my BFP 15 days after the sex that I assume got me pregnant.

Early testing can be heartbreaking! Even if you got a BFP now you would be on tenterhooks until the time AF was due wondering if it was right. If its a negative, you wouldn't know if its just too soon to get a positive! Sit on those hands! smile

MammaMo Sun 07-Oct-12 23:32:26

I am currently sitting on my hands smile and wishing the days away

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 08-Oct-12 09:10:05

Anywhere between 10 days and 2 weeks. By 10 days some women are already showing the hormone in their urine enough to make a test positive, by 2 weeks, most women have a positive test. Some women it can take up to 4-6 weeks post conception, and some women will never get a positive test as their bodies don't excrete the hormone in the form recognised by the test. That's very Rare though.

MammaMo Thu 11-Oct-12 09:00:02

Hi I took a test this morning and it came out negative was it too early?

HaveALittleFaith Thu 11-Oct-12 09:15:07

How long since you dtd? 11 days? Probably a bit too early still smile

cupcake78 Thu 11-Oct-12 09:20:07

Wait as long as you can. It's so hard though but early testing can mean if your period comes you wish you'd never known. I've tested 2 days before AF date and got positive tests before.

I am playing the waiting game very impatiently, I had symptoms but they're going now so don't think this one has stuck.

LauraPalmerPlusOne Thu 11-Oct-12 09:32:32

I got my BFP 12 days past doing the deed...try testing tomorrow morning. wink

<waves at Faife>

HaveALittleFaith Thu 11-Oct-12 09:35:41

<waves at lp>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now