Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Reflux....already....really

(3 Posts)
Splatt34 Sat 06-Oct-12 02:09:08

I am only 8+3 and have been woken up by reflux. With DD I suffered horrendously with reflux and got through huge amounts of gaviscon and ended up on a huge dose ranitidine, but I don't think it was as early as this.

As also having more nausea than last time. Am ultra paranoid these increased symptoms mean twins. Someone tell me not!!

KeepTryin Sat 06-Oct-12 07:36:25

Same here! I suffered with a bit heartburn per pregnancy, usually triggered by white bread I think, but started about three days before I did the pg test and hasn't stopped since! Same as you gaviscon then In week 18 I was finally prescribed ranitidine! Two scans have confirmed 1 baby! :-)
Congrats and good luck smile

mummy2benji Sat 06-Oct-12 19:56:56

All pregnancies are different so don't worry, you're no more likely to be expecting multiple babes! I suffer with reflux anyway as I have a hiatus hernia and was on lansoprazole prior to getting pregnant - I had bad heartburn for the first trimester, it eased off loads in the second trimester and has returned in the third trimester (I'm 37 weeks now). It was actually at its worst in the first trimester I think - I'm coping right now with just gaviscon, although I sometimes have to get up at night to take an extra dose. So you might hopefully find your reflux symptoms improve in a few weeks time. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now