Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

lost my mucus plug and had bloody show any1 else lost there's when will we give birth ?

(15 Posts)
Natalietwins Fri 05-Oct-12 18:59:48

Hya had a bloody show the last 2 nights and had some cramping pains I am 36 weeks pregnant with twins and woundering if am going to go in laubor any1 else having the same thing? X

Bubblegum78 Fri 05-Oct-12 19:06:33

Hi,
I had this with my DD, I went into labour 48hrs later!

Looks like you could be on your way!
Good luck! x

Natalietwins Fri 05-Oct-12 19:25:00

O thanks bubblegum, did your waters brake or you just get contractions I really don't no what to look for x

ThreeWheelsGood Fri 05-Oct-12 20:33:22

If it's very bloody you should call the midwife/hospital

mirry2 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:38:38

I thought that it meant you would go into labour within about 24 hours otherwise they would induce because of the chance of infection. But I may be out of touch.

Natalietwins Fri 05-Oct-12 21:33:48

Wasn't very bloody just had streaks of blood in lost loads of mucus and this weird skin stuff iv told my midwife she just said if my waters brake go in so just wounded how long it took for other mums x

AlisonDB Fri 05-Oct-12 22:51:17

Oooooooh exciting!
My waters never broke, I had to have them broken for me after over 24 hours in labour,
So I would say if you begin to have regular contractions but your waters don't break go in anyway,
Good luck x

mirry2 Fri 05-Oct-12 23:04:16

AlisonB same thing happened to me.

Natalietwins Sat 06-Oct-12 00:04:49

I need my waters to brake coz I avnt a clue what contractions feel like ha I won't no when am in laubor me ha x

greenbananas Sat 06-Oct-12 08:26:23

How are you feeling this morning, Natalie? Any news?

I had show about 48 hours before full labour, and my waters had to be broken for me in hospital, but I think everyone is different so our experiences are probably not a good guide for you.

Stay in touch with your midwife. I'm tempted to say that you'll certainly know what contractions feel like when they start! grin but actually I went to hospital far too late with DS1 and was 9cm dilated by the time I got there.

Good luck, hope you get to meet your twins very soon now smile

AlisonDB Sat 06-Oct-12 08:58:47

Hope you are doing ok today!
I certainly knew I was having contractions, they feel like spasms that come and go, the space between them gets shorter and the length of them gets longer. I couldn't ignore them when they started they started!

but i also had a friend who like greenbananas didn't know she was having contractions she said it just felt like a weird dragging sensation, got to the hospital and again was about 8cm and had to have her waters broken,

I'm not sure if it even happens as I was expecting with my 1st an Eastenders/Corrie/Hollywood style gush of water, but it never happened and off all my friends most of them describe it as a steady trickle, like leaking pee, so I will be interested this time round to see what happens with my waters!

Natalietwins Sat 06-Oct-12 12:57:10

Hya girls a lot more camping today and really feel heavy down below but nothing I could imagine to be contractions kind hoping the pain gets worse so I no ha no water leaking yet, ha ya am expecting a big gush but prob won't happen like that we will see ay ill thanks for advise x

AlisonDB Sat 06-Oct-12 13:13:03

I would say (and I'm not an expert at all) that you are beginning!
That's exactly how I felt almost like a really strong magnet was pulling from below, (my friends have all described the same or similar)
The cramping could very well be contractions are they coming more regularly?
As I said I knew I had contractions my friend didn't!
Oooooh it's very exciting though! X

Natalietwins Sat 06-Oct-12 13:55:51

Hya alison, I hope so, it feels like to me like am having a really heavy period and the pains r bad but I don't think they are coming or going, iv had pains in my boobs what seem to have gone the baby's seem to be pushing down a lot to, knowing my luck all the pains will go in an hour and that will be that ha ha am just so ready to x

AlisonDB Sat 13-Oct-12 07:07:29

Just wondering how you are doing? Did the twins arrive yet? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now