Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps and twinges - round ligament pain?

(3 Posts)
Havingkittens Fri 05-Oct-12 15:25:02

I have been having a lot of twinges, which feel like what I've seen described as round ligament pain. Sort of shooting pains either side of my uterus. The only thing is they are happening every day, throughout the day and even more so in the evening and early hours of the morning. I thought growing twinges were sort of fleeting but these seem to go on for a while.

I'm probably a bit over paranoid as I've been pregnant 7 times and this is the first time I've got to 13 weeks. I also had a CVS last week which carries a small risk of miscarriage so any cramps are making me more paranoid than ever. Although they did say that the only thing that would cause a miscarriage after a CVS, once they'd confirmed a heartbeat after the procedure, is an infection and I don't have any signs of infection.

So, I guess what I'm asking is can these round ligament pains be quite persistent and long lasting?

sammyleh Fri 05-Oct-12 16:04:54

Hi Havingkittens in my experience, yes they can. Mine lasted for about a week before wearing off, but they soon came back. I was worried about every single ache, pain and twinge too - its only natural. The pains were also all-dayers which would come and go too. If it carries on, have a chat with your midwife, it's what she's there for smile Otherwise congratulations on reaching 13 weeks! Hope everything goes smoothly and non-eventful for you from here on xx

Havingkittens Fri 05-Oct-12 17:08:09

Thanks sammyleh, that's reassuring to hear. I emailed my private midwife at The Miscarriage Clinic, but she's off work until Tuesday. I have had to postpone my booking in appointment which isn't until next Friday now so I don't have an NHS midwife yet. I feel better to know that this is par for the course though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now