Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER

(24 Posts)
newtonupontheheath Fri 05-Oct-12 08:55:10

Sorry for the shouting...

I'm 40+5 today and so grumpy.

I got my BFP before my period was due, and knew before then so really feel like its been forever. Plus I had a mmc last November so have been pregnant for 12 out of the past 13 months... I am SO ready for this baby to be born.

I've tried:

Pineapple... So much it's given me mouth ulcers

Hot food/curry... Just gave me wind

Hand expression & nipple stimulation

Sex

Birthing ball

Long walks

Crying

Nothing has worked.

...... What else? Bar just staying pregnant for the rest of my life?!

<moan moan moan>

GoldPlatedNineDoors Fri 05-Oct-12 08:57:57

Only 9 days left if you allow induction to go though! This time in a fortnight youll be sniffing new born and worrying about doing your first post birth poop.

Good luck!!!

newtonupontheheath Fri 05-Oct-12 08:59:33

Nooooo 9 days <cries>

I want my home birth so need this to happen soon!

(But thank you smile )

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 05-Oct-12 09:04:19

Only another 5 days in my pct!

I'm due tomorrow and I'm sooo ready to have this baby now, I really sympathise. I'm sick of being massive, immobile, spd, having constant heartburn, sleeping on my side, some very unglamorous piles..... Come on baby!

SheelaNeGig Fri 05-Oct-12 09:09:44

Change your mind. Decide firmly that the next 3 days are inconvenent snd the bsby simply csn't arrive before monday. Book hsir snd pedicure sppointmentd. And Do Not dhave your legs.

SheelaNeGig Fri 05-Oct-12 09:10:17

Sorry tired typing. You get the jist yhough?

whatsoever Fri 05-Oct-12 09:11:40

I feel your pain. I got my BFPA 2 days before my period was due. Had a MMC last year. Now on 40+1.

You've tried more of the 'bring on labour' methods than me though. I did spicy food (gave me indigestion & the runs) and gym ball bouncing (will do some more of that today). Will get some pineapple today and DH has been forewarned his conjugal services are required this weekend.

If one more person tells me baby will come when it's ready I'll rip their head off because its a bloody lie - my mum was induced with me (ended up being an EMCS) and my brother, so it's clearly crap. It'll come when it's ready - unless it doesn't. hmm

whatsoever Fri 05-Oct-12 09:12:24

BFP - no idea what the iPad thinks BFPA is?

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Fri 05-Oct-12 09:15:23

Awww... come on baby Newton.

I'm dreading this. Mine is due on Thursday and I know it's going to be late. I feel for you.

PollyIndia Fri 05-Oct-12 09:21:30

40+8 here. Know how you feel

GummiberryJuice Fri 05-Oct-12 09:29:16

My poor SIL has been in hosp from yesterday morn for induction, they've said it'll be another 4/5 hours, I'm sure shes wrecked and fumming she didn't want induced in the first place!

cupcake78 Fri 05-Oct-12 09:33:38

I remember feeling like this with ds, then a week after he was here I wished I'd taken the time to rest up on the sofa and enjoy peace quite and cups of tea/meals when I wanted them not when I could just fit them in. Enjoy your time, every minute of it be selfish and love it.

I can promise you you will not be pregnant forever but you will be a mum forever.

Drink tea watch tv, talk to friends without a baby dictating when. Good luck!

PollyIndia Fri 05-Oct-12 09:42:54

Cupcake78 I totally get that, and generally I have been fine. But the reality of being in limbo is that it is a very strange time and it does hang over you (it has really surprised me actually as I always said I would be late) so it is hard to just forget about it and relax and not worry about impending induction. I've done pretty well so far and had a lovely 10 days since I finished work.

But I'd like to get some signs of labour being imminent!

Newtonupontheheath, hope it happens for you soon smile

whenhenshaveteeth Fri 05-Oct-12 10:39:41

Same here, tried everything and I'm 41wks today. Bum.

Bouncing on ball as I'm typing. I will NOT be induced!

minipie Fri 05-Oct-12 11:30:05

Yep I reckon what Shella said. Tempt fate. Book a really lovely meal somewhere with your DH for tonight or tomorrow. Arrange to meet up with friends. Unpack your hospital bag. Basically anything that would make it pretty inconvenient to go into labour - bound to set it off.

Or, you could try reflexology?

newtonupontheheath Fri 05-Oct-12 11:36:40

Thanks smile

It is pretty inconvenient for baby to arrive tomorrow as its DS's birthday... Although I feel a bit rubbish that we haven't arranged anything (had half planned an open house for birthday plus baby cuddles...)

I am enjoying spending time with ds, it's lovely (usually work ft) but the limbo thing is driving me crazy!! I don't want to get us stuck somewhere out and about, can't run after him at the park/soft play etc and my labour was quick first time so want to be near home most of the time.

Plus all the cleaning, washing and shopping I did in anticipation has been messed up, dirtied or eaten and now I'm having to start again....

On the plus side, I've just found some ginger cake. I'm going to eat it all grin

PollyIndia Fri 05-Oct-12 12:20:57

Minipie I have been doing that for weeks! And have plans every day until next weds when I will be 40+13. I feel like I am daring the baby to come and disrupt things!!

If in doubt, turn to cake - ginger cake sounds yummy newton. I have eaten half a box of lindor eggs this am.

I am now moaning about being overdue on about 3 threads I realise!

newtonupontheheath Fri 05-Oct-12 12:25:22

Polly I nearly moved onto another thread but then ds wanted lunch... Probably best, I've already moaned at everyone in RL too blush

Am currently snaffling bits of cake whenever ds is distracted grin

Thank goodness for balamory on series link wink

newtonupontheheath Fri 05-Oct-12 12:27:49

Just re-read your message cupcake and that is exactly what I said to my friend when she went 13 days over with her first.

I totally totally get it... I'm really trying!!

I'm impatient at the best of times... grin

WeeSooty Fri 05-Oct-12 13:45:54

I've decided I'm not only going to be pregnant forever but stuck in this stupid latent phase forever angry wtf is the deal with it?!? Contractions since 7pm last night. Still no baby. angry

Newton no advice but i hear what your saying!

newtonupontheheath Fri 05-Oct-12 14:06:48

Hi weesooty smile

Do you want to share some ginger cake?

Every time I get up I get either one really strong BH or it could be a contraction unlikely then nothing. Think it's the sheer effort of heaving my body of the sofa grin

Have now planned people to come round for cake tomorrow afternoon to celebrate DS's birthday.

<<dares baby to show up>>

cupcake78 Fri 05-Oct-12 14:30:24

Just wait till I'm there ladies and I'm sure ill be thinking its torture as well grin. You can all come and remind me of my none hormonal, comfortable self wink.

Spice17 Fri 05-Oct-12 14:31:25

I'm due tomorrow too Fluffy. I feel your pain somewhat Newton but am bit behind you.

Come and moan on the last 2 weeks or pregnancy thread, some people like Polly - as she's mentioned are also quite far over.

schroedingersdodo Fri 05-Oct-12 15:40:25

As someone said, book nice things for you for the next few days, so you won't want the baby to come (or at least you'll keep busy). Maybe a haircut, massage, a nice dinner with a friend. A bit like washing the car to make it rain...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now