Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Completely exhausted - 39.5 weeks

(5 Posts)
shoppingtrolley Thu 04-Oct-12 17:20:57

I am absolutely shattered and can't stay awake. Is this normal for 39.5 weeks? Others have said they get a burst of energy.

mummy2benji Thu 04-Oct-12 17:31:55

Variable I think... some mums-to-be have an energy surge and are doing lots of nesting, others just feel flattened. Maybe your body trying to make you get rest while you can before baby comes. If you've been feeling gradually more tired for a while up until this point, and if you look pale, you might want to ask your midwife if she can check your iron level and full blood count just to make sure it isn't anaemia which is contributing to making you feel so tired. I'm 36+5 and feeling pretty whacked - I've been on iron tablets for a few weeks though and my iron count is returning to normal. Pregnancy does take it out of you! x

Spice17 Thu 04-Oct-12 17:33:28

Im 39.5 today too and feel exactly the same. Was in bed from 11pm to 9am last night and still fell asleep this afternoon. Its not like im using up much energy either, all i did was went for lunch today!

shoppingtrolley Thu 04-Oct-12 17:33:58

Thank you for answering! I was checked a few weeks ago and had excellent iron levels. I hope I'm just trying to save energy for the birth. I hope things go well for you.

sarahpip Thu 04-Oct-12 18:27:05

38+5 and for the last few weeks I seem to have one energetic day and then need about 3 days of lolling about to recover! Cannot say the nesting/cleaning/sorting fervour has been with me. As a first timer I am going to take all of the rest I can get, so I'd say, if you can, relax and go with the flow grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now