Talk

Advanced search

Can't stop worrying .. making me ill

(7 Posts)
spandau1980 Thu 04-Oct-12 15:22:48

Hi all
i can't stop worrying that something wrong...trouble is im having pains but after numerous trips here there and everywhere everyone's saying baby fine..but dunno wat pain is...
Its ligaments pain mixes with wat feels like ibs and constipation has me doubled over everyday im now 22 weeks. had vaginal pressure and stomach ache since 16 weeks

trouble is i can't enjoy pregnancy as keep feeling pain and miserable

LDNmummy Thu 04-Oct-12 15:52:41

So you have been to the doctor I assume??

Have you had checks?

spandau1980 Thu 04-Oct-12 16:56:54

Urine blood scan cervix checks ... x

mummy2benji Thu 04-Oct-12 17:40:36

Ligament pain can be really unpleasant - I've had tummy pains throughout most of this pregnancy, sometimes quite severe. I did have a couple of water infections which I had treated but otherwise everything has been fine so it must have just been ligaments. I'm 36+5 now and baby is fine, super-wriggly. So long as your tests have been normal, that is really reassuring - it's not nice having discomfort but at least baby is well. Have you tried a bump belt or support? Might give you a bit of extra comfort. And Fybogel is safe in pregnancy and mild for constipation - it's used in the treatment of ibs too so shouldn't set that off. You can buy it over the counter - I've had to use it every day since I was about 6 weeks. Hope you feel better soon x

spandau1980 Thu 04-Oct-12 19:10:49

Thankyou ill get some fiber gel stuff... baby very wriggly so at least reassured on that one... maybe its ligaments its been nine yrs ago i had son number three so maybe age is playing a factor?

spandau1980 Thu 04-Oct-12 19:49:40

Also anyone know if feeling sick with tummy ache can be because of flu jab..had it sat

mrsbugsywugsy Thu 04-Oct-12 20:22:04

I've been surprised at how many random aches and pains you get during pregnancy. I get sharp pains when I cough or turn over too quickly.

I get tummy aches when I am stressed, maybe the stress is causing the stomach ache? Then you are stressing about the tummy ache, and so on....

Have you tried camomile tea? It is calming for both your mind and your tummy, and as far as I know you can drink as much as you like...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now