Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bit worried, probably being daft

(6 Posts)
Scroobius Thu 04-Oct-12 12:41:32

Hi,
I'm 18 weeks today and have been up most of the night with achey period type pains. They get better with paracetamol but are still uncomfortable. Anyway usually I'd just think its one of the wonderful symptoms of being pregnant except last week my mw said she found traces of blood in my urine sample but not to worry as its probably just a water infection. She sent it for testing but the doctor literally just told me there's no infection but gave no other explanation for the blood. That along with the pains made me worry but mw has phone switched off and hasn't called back since I left a msg early this morning.
Am I bring daft or do I need to be checked and if I do where do I go?
Thanks for your help

Scroobius Thu 04-Oct-12 12:42:45

being daft, stupid IPhone and fat fingers!

itsmyfirsteek Thu 04-Oct-12 12:49:48

I've had no experience of this but if I were you and you can't get hold of your mw I would call the doctors and get an emergency appt with gp. I'm sure its nothing to worry about but stressing will make you worse. Let us know how you get on xx

newbielisa Thu 04-Oct-12 12:51:44

It can be so frustrating not getting calls back from midwife, we've all been there. Have you got a central office number for the Midwives and maybe you could speak to someone else in the team?

I am now 34 weeks and have had those period type pains throughout all of it. That's not to say they are the same as yours.

Speak to midwives/doctors and get peace of mind

All the best

Scroobius Thu 04-Oct-12 12:54:50

Thank you, I tried the midwife team number first and she didn't sound like she really knew what to do and told me to ring the mw mobile number. I'll ring the doctors now and see if I can see a gp/nurse. Good to know the pains sound normal though!

Scroobius Thu 04-Oct-12 15:45:33

Thanks for the advice, finally got through to a different midwife who says its probably just normal pains but to go to the gp and have a check over. If I was further along she'd say go to hospital but it does t seem to be much to worry about although she was lovely and said I wasn't being daft smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now