Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The flu jab

(7 Posts)
Ameliac28 Thu 04-Oct-12 11:57:43

Hi Ladies,

I need some advise! who has or hasn't had the flu jab? I have been offered it like any other pregnant women I believe and I feel a bit torn whether to have it or not? I've never had the flu before and never had the jab but I know your immuine system isn't as good when your pregnant so I just don't know what to do, any advise would be great smile thanks

FurryFox Thu 04-Oct-12 12:04:30

I had it at my 16 week appointment two weeks ago. Midwife recommended I had it and I couldn't see any reason not to. No side affects at all and glad I had it.

minipie Thu 04-Oct-12 12:07:24

I had it last week. GP said it's not a live vaccine and so can't give you flu, she said there was virtually no danger unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients. It's recommended because if you get flu in pregnancy it can be much more serious than if you get it at other times.

Ameliac28 Thu 04-Oct-12 12:12:33

Thanks ladies, that was another question I was going to ask was is it a live vaccine so that makes me feel better, I've got my 16 week check up next week so I think I will go for it x

TheCountessOlenska Thu 04-Oct-12 12:49:48

I will have it when offered - I have a horror of flu!

I had the Swine Flu jab back in 2009 when it was new and being endlessly discussed on here - after that experience I'm up for being jabbed with anything!

Ameliac28 Thu 04-Oct-12 12:56:00

HA HA that's fair enough I don't blame you smile I'm defo having the whooping cough jab

Kelerina Thu 04-Oct-12 13:36:19

Yep, got it booked for Monday, sounds win win to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now