Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you're getting fed up by the calls and texts...

(5 Posts)
PeppaTwig Thu 04-Oct-12 11:46:33

I'm not normally one for cheesey poems and sayings but I thought this was quite nice. Was given to us from HypnoBirthing practitioner. Will definitely be posting it on my FB wall when things get a bit nearer (and more annoying!)

We're just fine...
My baby's not a library book,
So he's not overdue.
My baby doesn't over cook,
cos he's not a veggie stew.
My baby's not an elephant,
and I'm not fit to burst.
The date and time aren't relevant,
We're blessed with days, not cursed.
My baby can't read dates as yet,
Because he's very new.
So there's no cause to fuss and fret,
If he doesn't come on que.
So stop your worry,
stop your asking,
there's no hurry
we're relaxing
in this golden pregnant time,
this pause, which is just his and mine.
Leave us be, we're just fine.

mrsfuzzy Fri 05-Oct-12 09:45:49

this is great! like everythinng else about child development why do someparents need to rush their kids mile stones? one of my children wasn't fully potty trained until they were nearly 3, but we took our time didnt panic and we got there, after all everyone does things at their own pace why not children?

cbeebiesatemybrain Fri 05-Oct-12 16:28:40

That is fantastic! I had www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com as my fb status when I was overdue and getting pissed off with all the calls and texts!

mummy2benji Fri 05-Oct-12 17:22:07

oh that's sweet! smile x

rogersmellyonthetelly Fri 05-Oct-12 18:33:09

I hear you on this one. Both my previous kids I have answered the phone to everyone from 37 weeks on with "no, I'm not in labour yet"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now