Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has your contraception let you down? (long one)

(3 Posts)
Ragtime Thu 04-Oct-12 09:11:06

I can't believe I am typing this, but I really feel I am pg and it is not good.

I had Nexplanon fitted in January and it has been a total pain with lots of bleeding. This has interrupted our sex life somewhat so we've hardly been very active. I have had three cycles of the pill and the bleeding continued. Two weeks ago the bleeding was very light so we DTD (I was slightly tipsy so not as self conscious). Now I have a strong feeling I am pg.

We have three DC and I felt the same with each of them, strong metallic taste in mouth, bloating, sore boobs, slight nausea, and the bleeding has stopped completely for the last 10 days.

I know I should take a test but I am very scared to. I don't think I can cope with another baby now, and DH will not be pleased (he wasn't best pleased with no. 3 tbh). I don't get much support and I worry about my mental strength to get through this. I know I sound selfish but I am just starting to get some life back and am able to do things for me occasionally.

What I want to know is, is it possible to be pg, this contraception was meant to be extremely reliable? Is it too early to test?

Are there many MNers out there whose reliable contraception has let them down? I can't flipping think straight atm and don't know how I will react to a positive result. I should test though as if I am pg I will need to have the implant out ASAP.

Oh gawd, give a me firm shake someone.

InchyInchy Thu 04-Oct-12 09:53:18

Go and do a test, you'll feel better with an answer.

I've also thought I've had all the pregnancy symptoms going in the past to just have a negative test, sometimes I think when you get an 'idea' stuck in your head you start looking out for things that you would usually not even think about.

I really hope you get the result you want, but even if you don't there is time to talk everything through with your DP or a counsellor before you move on to any decision.

I'm sorry your having a crap morning.

Please let us know how you get on!

Ragtime Thu 04-Oct-12 13:56:48

Thanks Inchy. Well I did a test and much relief it is negative. I suppose all these weird feelings are to do with the hormones from the implant, although I've not had them before.

I'll do the second test in a few days to be sure.

I think I will go to the docs and beg for sterilisation, i know now that I definitely don't want any more.

Thanks for helping me get a grip thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now