Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Snoring......

(5 Posts)
Boop33 Wed 03-Oct-12 19:35:08

Anyone else snoring like a pig ?? I have never snored before am currently 35 + 3 and am constantly waking myself up by doing huge snores - iam a very light sleeper and have had about 3 hours sleep over the last 3 nights.....i'm absolutely shattered at work and was nearly falling asleep today .......! As for DH think he found it funny at first but now probably a bit annoying . Just fancy a few helpful hints/lighthearted stories and the need to know that it will stop once baby is born
xxxx

Elsqueak Thu 04-Oct-12 08:55:46

35+4 here. Ah, yes. I too posted about this very topic. My "road drill" impression began quite early on. I tried those nose strips, I tried sleeping differently...alas nothing worked. DH has earplugs now even though he hates them.
I have a sore throat/cold at the moment which has ramped it up to epic levels. Think the neighbours assume we're doing DIY or something!
I was embaressed at first but I think it's hard to blame yourself. That hormone Relaxin is softening your pelvis/joints etc for birth and this will affect your larynx too.
Not sure if it stopped after baby came (wasn't sleeping enough to know!) first time round but I know it wasn't as bad.
When I had the window open during the hot spell fresh air seemed to help a bit according to DH.

Hermionewastherealhero Thu 04-Oct-12 09:00:35

I snored and had an emotional sobathon when husband made a joke about it. I just felt so umattractive anyway that it was the last straw for my vain self!
It stopped as soon as I gave birth though.

HaveALittleFaith Thu 04-Oct-12 10:38:30

Is it because you're sleeping on your back? That tends to make snoring worse?

I might be worth investing in some breath right strips which I think are safe in pregnancy, just open up your airways a bit. Certainly help when DH's snoring reaches epic proportions.

DeeDee77 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:23:59

Glad it's not just me! I'm 28+4 and cannot get over the snoring! I too wake myself up because of it. It does tend to be when I've rolled over onto my back as mentioned above. Fortunately DH has been understanding. If he did complain though I would just remind him that I'm the one who is going to have to push a watermelon out of my fanjo, so he can go shove his opinions! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now