Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trying hard not to think myself into a panic here....help would be appreciated

(4 Posts)
stowsettler Wed 03-Oct-12 11:44:38

I'm 39, first pregnancy and have a fibroid. It was about 5cm at 12 week scan (which was actually at 10+5) and at 20 wk scan (on Mon, actually 20+5) had grown to about 5.5cm. Not sure what sort of fibroid and am seeing the consultant next Tuesday. It's right at the top of my uterus so well out of the way of any exit routes for nipper.

Obviously I've done the one thing I really shouldn't have and googled feverishly all morning, and am consequently in a bit of a tizz about how things could play out for the rest of the pg. Will I need extra scans?

Would anyone have a clue as to how likely it is I'll have to have an ELCS? I'm hoping not very likely, as it's right at the top but you never know. Should I take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy? I've been exercising about 3 times per week, plus walking the dogs up to now, but should I tone that down a bit?
Bloody hell, I don't know how I'll make it to next Tuesday.

Any and all help much appreciated as I'm feeling a bit low...

mrsdaisaku Wed 03-Oct-12 11:55:13

Can't offer any info on fibroid, but didn't want to go without saying anything. But I would say to continue as you are till you see your consultant. No point worrying yourself until absolutely necessary (easier said than done I know). I wish you the best of luck and provide lots of positivity your way.

goldygumdrops Wed 03-Oct-12 12:44:12

You shouldn't need a CS because they are not near your cervix. The main risk to you will be an increased risk of bleeding after delivery because they can interfere with your uterus 'clamping down' after delivery of the placenta. However, fibroids are very very common and so this is not something you should be worrying yourself about. You will probably just be advised to deliver in hospital rather than at home, and to have a 'managed' delivery of your placenta.

I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't continue to exercise, but ask your consultant that one.

stowsettler Wed 03-Oct-12 14:21:04

Thanks for the reassurance and support, it has helped lots. Frankly I'm not bothered about what happens after delivery, as long as Nipperette makes it out ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now