Talk

Advanced search

Water infection or not? Swollen you know what!

(4 Posts)
Paddocks1 Wed 03-Oct-12 11:38:45

Went to the nurse two weeks ago as i thought i had a water infection, turns out i did, was on antibiotics for a week so finished them last Thursday and my midwife said it had cleared up.
Now (not even a week on) i feel like i have one again. It doesn't really hurt just feel like i need a wee ALOT and hardly anything comes out, and its a bit sore. Also (TMI coming up) it feels a bit swollen down there....I am 32 weeks pregnant is this just normal or should i go back to the docs?

cuppateaandagingersnap Wed 03-Oct-12 11:55:41

Go back to docs I'm afraid, not uncommon for water infections to take a couple of courses of antibiotics to clear up properly in pregnancy and can be dangerous if goes to the kidneys. Get them to send a sample to the lab to make sure the antibiotics they're giving you will work on the bug that's causing the prob.

xmasevebundle Wed 03-Oct-12 13:24:02

I had a serious water infection which was progressing to my kidneys, i had a batch loads off antibiotics(Took at least 3 to take away, and they was the strongest ones you could have)

Its awful you need to go toilet and only a dribble comes out! Mine was that bad when my baby moved it hurt so much, i thought i was in prem labour.

I drunk lots of water, also have juice as water got bland after a few days. I drink at least 8-9 glasses of water per day. I dont want another water infection!

philbee Wed 03-Oct-12 14:40:47

I have this now. Horrible, isn't it? Have just started antibiotics. I had it last time too and got onto the second lot of antibiotics, but then miscarried (unrelated!) so it went away. Am dreading it going on this time, and it's horrible having achey belly and back and not really knowing if it's the UTI or something wrong. I'm only 12 weeks now. Go back to the GP and get more antibiotics as otherwise it can go to your kidneys. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now