Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Painful hips at only 13 weeks?

(5 Posts)
Pontouf Wed 03-Oct-12 07:16:31

Just wondered if anyone else has had this. The last few days I've had really sore achy hips, especially when lying down. Last night was terrible, I was tossing and turning all night because my hips were sore after only a short while lying on one side so kept having to turn over. It is a really bony, griding sort of ache. I remember feeling like this from about 34ish weeks with my last pregnancy but this seems ridiculously early! Anyone got any ideas why I might be having this so early?

MaMaPo Wed 03-Oct-12 07:26:28

Hmmm - I got hip pain that early (from about 10 weeks, actually), mostly after I had been sitting cross-legged, and put it down to increased relaxin. However, it wasn't grinding, or painful enough to keep me awake in the evening - more a dull ache.

Maybe others who know more about SPD could comment? I don't know much about it (or even what the acronym stands for!) but I do hear it talked about in relation to a grinding feeling.

Sounds like it should be something to check out. Best of luck.

ThreeWheelsGood Wed 03-Oct-12 08:10:56

My hips started aching quite early if I recall, I remember it feeling like my pelvis was reshaping/expanding, I guess its one of the first things your body needs to do!

take3 Wed 03-Oct-12 16:22:19

Painful hips is how I knew I was pregnant.... if it is spd, then my advice would be to drive everywhere, if you can and really minimise how much you walk. I did not do this in my first pregnancy, as I just thought I was getting stiff, so decided to push through the pain - big mistake.
Take it easy, if you can. I have got a serola belt, from Amazon, which is really helpful around the house or when having to stand for a while. Definitely worth the money.

Pontouf Wed 03-Oct-12 17:13:10

Thanks all. Am really hoping it isn't SPD as I'm a theatre nurse so i spend around ten hours a day on my feet! There is no way I can avoid standing unless I get signed off work. Hips feeling ok today, seems to be worst when I'm lying down. Hip pain has been replaced by a stinking headache instead today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now