Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh the joy - upset stomach at 36 weeks...

(9 Posts)
crackcrackcrak Tue 02-Oct-12 23:45:54

Threw up this am like there was no tomorrow. Wobbled to gymnastics with dd. dd scooped up by lovely friend and looked after for the day. I was sent home. Lay in bed for a few hours with raging fever and cramps. Rang triage midwife who demands I go to maternity dept. insists I cannot contact community midwife. Rang gp surgery. Lovely duty doc says I am not in labour, just ill and only to test and try fluids. Phew.
Feeling like utter shite still. Baby moving vigorously so I know she's ok. Fever still rampaging. Painful bracton hicks (I assume) but no getting close together or in a pattern but lots back ache.
Bump has dropped dramatically and baby bouncing on bladder/pelvic floor it's so bloody painful!
Doc said fever could bring on labour.
What you reckon? Anyone had this?

sausagesandwich34 Tue 02-Oct-12 23:47:26

erm, you might want a 2nd opinion about not being in labour

GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 02-Oct-12 23:48:58

Sounds like your body preparing for labour, even if latent labour. Please call the delivery ward and ask if you can go in to get a check over.

crackcrackcrak Tue 02-Oct-12 23:50:45

Latent labour? I will call if anything changes I promise but been stagnant for a few hours and no BH for over an hour. No show etc either

sausagesandwich34 Tue 02-Oct-12 23:55:41

I didn't have a show with either of mine

what I did have was violent vomiting, feeling generally unwell and flu like, and lots of back pain and dragging feeling in my legs

there are lots of bugs going around at the moment so it's very likely that it is just a bug but be prepared!

crackcrackcrak Tue 02-Oct-12 23:59:52

Sausage - how long did that last before labour?

sausagesandwich34 Wed 03-Oct-12 00:02:11

DD1 I was throwing up at tea time, established labour about 5am

DD2 ill about 11am -holding baby at 8pm but was only actually in labour for an hour smile

not sure if you wanted to hear that

crackcrackcrak Wed 03-Oct-12 00:22:28

It's been longer than that already. I was excited for a minute - back to feeling rough sad

sausagesandwich34 Wed 03-Oct-12 00:39:20

oh dear sad

try and get some sleep anyway -you never know lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now