Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What happened to the 17 yr old who thought she might've been pregnant?

(40 Posts)
JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 02-Oct-12 21:12:01

The thread seems to have been pulled from threads im on.
I was just wondering why/whether there was an outcome/ is she ok?
Been thinking about her a lot today

lyndie Tue 02-Oct-12 21:20:12

I assumed troll when I read it - I didn't see it but she started having pains and bleeding and people were trying to encourage her to go to hospital. Hopefully someone will know more.

Flossiechops Tue 02-Oct-12 21:21:20

I was just looking for that thread, it's been deleted so I presume it was a troll. sad

mrsbugsywugsy Tue 02-Oct-12 21:23:53

It was a troll, someone sussed it, thread went pfft

chezziejo Tue 02-Oct-12 21:30:22

Sad really :-(

JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 02-Oct-12 21:32:47

That was quite an in depth story for a troll?!
How do they know it was really a troll?

aimingtobeaperfectionist Tue 02-Oct-12 21:33:39

I was a bit sus when a 17 year old was posting on here but... I still don't get why with trolls? I mean, why? I just don't see the point.

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 02-Oct-12 21:35:32

They worked out it was a troll as she posted links to pictures that actually belonged to a 30 something year old woman with a teenage DS.

helpyourself Tue 02-Oct-12 21:38:25

Pulled for trolling. FWIW I think she probably was a teenager; hope she does get the attention she needs.

JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 02-Oct-12 21:39:27

What she posted links to pictures of her and ds?

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 02-Oct-12 21:42:23

No, she posted a link to a picture that didn't belong to her and actually had been used on multiple websites by someone who deffo wasn't a 17yo girl.

Pickles77 Tue 02-Oct-12 21:44:35

Was really sad... But I don't get how she came up with such a story. And how mnhq can diagnose troll. It really angry me as I'm not in a good way myself right now and i really felt for her and fell for it.

JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 02-Oct-12 21:45:53

I fell for it too sad

chezziejo Tue 02-Oct-12 21:48:23

Yeah me too. Would have gladly helped her out :-(

RobinSparkles Tue 02-Oct-12 21:59:55

That's why trolls can be so harmful. They suck people in, people feel sorry for them and worry about them.

I mainly try to see a lot of the threads on MN as just "words on a screen" but sometimes it's hard not to take things to heart at times.

Luckily for me, threads that I have taken to heart have all been real but a lot of people have been taken in by trolls ie. DizzyMare, CVQ just to name a couple. It must mess with your mental health - there were lovely lovely people who invested a lot of time and effort helping them and probably poured there hearts out to them and shared intimate thoughts with them, all the time it was some weirdo making up lies for kicks angry.

I must admit that I reported the 17 year old thread without even posting on it. The OP didn't read like a 17 year old and the fact that the test that she had "taken a picture of" seemed to come from google, well... <<strokes beard>>

RobinSparkles Tue 02-Oct-12 22:01:23

Apols for spelling and grammar errors in my PP. I'm tired!

*their not there!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 02-Oct-12 22:02:29

FGS! What is wrong with these people!?

RobinSparkles Tue 02-Oct-12 22:04:00

Pickles, there are similar stories elsewhere on the Internet. I'm sorry that you're not in a good way right now sad

NonnoMum Tue 02-Oct-12 22:06:40

The choice of language was strange, I thought - sounded a bit like an American loon to me (had 'gas', not wind) but nevertheless I answered as though she were a real teen with a real problem.
But after a few years on MN, I think I'm pretty good at spotting trolls, but I don't say so, as you can get in trouble...

hzgreen Tue 02-Oct-12 22:16:23

I felt the same NonnoMum, i thought it was a bit suss that several people told her that a Preg test wouldn't work if she was as far gone as she claimed but she was still determined to wait for it when all "evidence" suggested she should go to A&E. but what really made me suspect was when she said that she stood up in class and there was a puddle on the chair but she waited until everyone left and cleaned it up. that just didn't sound plausible. but i was worried that if i said anything i would get flamed (and then knowing my luck she would have turned out to be genuine confused).

Are you ok Pickles?

mrsbugsywugsy Tue 02-Oct-12 22:35:41

you're not supposed to write on the thread that you think it's a troll, and i always think its best to give the benefit of the doubt just in case.

but then on the other hand people get sucked in and get hurt, so i can see why people do call them out

<sits on the fence>

showtunesgirl Wed 03-Oct-12 00:01:55

Boo. I is sad that it was a troll.

Pickles77 Wed 03-Oct-12 00:06:16

Oh I'm okay smile survivor.
Trolls just really upset me when people out there need genuine help and advice

NonnoMum Wed 03-Oct-12 16:42:33

Yep - I agree bugsy - we're not supposed to write that we think it's a troll but then lovely people like Pickles who come on here for a bit of support and advice can get sucked in.

The worst troll I was sucked into was the Zeebrugge survivor... But I digress...

bumpitybumpbump Wed 03-Oct-12 18:24:55

I don't get it. What's the point of a troll on a place like mumsnet? is it just for their own sick entertainment or is it really a fat old man trying to lure people to meet them or something sinister like that? Honestly, I don't see the point. I read the whole thing and I'm not remotely upset or bothered to find it was a troll, I am just bemused as to why anyone would bother?! This has been my first experience of trolls - I'll be on the lookout now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now