Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sex...having it not the sex of the baby!

(18 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Tue 02-Oct-12 21:01:55

Is sex ok in early pregnancy?! This is my second by I don't remember how eat we had sex...don't think we waited the 12 week scan but not sure I suppose!

Thanks

HaveALittleFaith Tue 02-Oct-12 21:15:28

Yes it's safe! As long as you don't have from my pregnancy book not an oracle! spotting/discharge, placenta praevia, cervical weakness, previous premature birth, ruptured membranes or unheralded genital herpes you should consult your GP first. He certainly can't hurt the baby - the mucous plug provides protection!

NoTeaForMe Tue 02-Oct-12 21:24:47

Discharge? More than the normal odd bit of discharge?! (bleurgh)

How would I know if I hve placenta praevia or cervical weakness without check over?!!

God so embarrassing! blush

SarryB Tue 02-Oct-12 21:31:39

I don't think we ever stopped having sex - in fact we may have celebrated the BFP that way ):

SarryB Tue 02-Oct-12 21:31:58

Sorry, I meant smile

HaveALittleFaith Tue 02-Oct-12 21:34:15

Yes beyond normal discharge! Assume its normal unless someone tells you otherwise. Our first time after the BFP, DH was very cautious and gentle but honestly, it should be fine! smile

NoTeaForMe Tue 02-Oct-12 21:47:05

I know we had sex last time and I really don't think we waited, I'm only 7 weeks at the mo and we have had sex but afterwards I can't help but wonder if it was ok to. A pregnant friend the other day said 'obviously that's no sex now for the first trimester' and afterwards I wondered of she knows something I don't know, or if they are over cautious?!

lauraellajane Tue 02-Oct-12 21:52:31

Goodness I hope they're being over cautious, I never felt so turned on since finding out I'm pregnant!!

HaveALittleFaith Tue 02-Oct-12 22:01:43

Ridiculously over cautious! I felt so sick most of the time between week 4-8 it wasn't happening much but there's no reason why you shouldn't if everything seems normal!

Rowanhart Tue 02-Oct-12 22:06:36

Couldn't face for about a month in first trimester. Then randy as hell until about three days ago. I'm 34 weeks now. We've had sex at least four times a week.

Sudden growth spurt over past few days has left me a but Knackered and fed up. So may be our summer a love will have to see us through a long cold winter sad

Hope the randomness comes back though....

Scroobius Tue 02-Oct-12 22:58:34

Surely it is physically impossible for him to be big enough to get anywhere near anything he could damage with regards to a baby?! I hope so anyway...

SarryB Wed 03-Oct-12 11:43:52

I really don't think sex during the first trimester is 'not allowed' - unless you're into super violent sex??

DaffyDuck88 Fri 05-Oct-12 00:26:30

Is it normal to still want it at 29 weeks? I seem to have had an increased sex drive throughout my pregnancy and we had had regular sex throughout although not so much just recently. Not sure if it's my hormones or just psychological but am really disappointed if dp doesn't appear interested. Nervous about appearing to nag in case I find he has issues with it as bump increases.

needanswers Fri 05-Oct-12 00:27:57

Im on DC4 and other than bleeding have always had sex, daffy, I would say yes, its perfectly normal.

DaffyDuck88 Fri 05-Oct-12 00:47:53

Phew! Thanks needanswers. Was beginning to think I was alone and a little freakish in still feeling the urge!

needanswers Fri 05-Oct-12 00:59:49

well, my waters broke with one of mine as I was literally about to try out the old fashioned way of bringing on labour smile, so you def arent alone.

DH did get all coy and - what if it hurts the baby, with our first, when I had a bleed (it scared him), but as a rule, he likes me pregnant - 3 in 5 years, thats just as well really.

phoenixrose314 Fri 05-Oct-12 05:02:14

Daffy just ask DP if he's less turned on now that you've got a larger bump - I know it's not what you'll want to hear but then at least he can be honest if it's true and say that that's what it is, rather than him going off sex and/or you altogether!! Hubby and I have been very open about our sex drives since I got pregnant, as mine has been up and down all over the place and his dropped off for a while too (back on track now though, hehe!!)

I wouldn't dream of stopping having sex, in fact I've found it more satisfying and erotic now than I did before I was pg.

NoTeaForMe Fri 05-Oct-12 07:26:00

Last time I went through a patch with a very increased sex drive and the sex felt better than ever, it was probably around the time you're talking about Daffy. It stopped when I got heaps bigger and wasn't comfortable any more!

Thanks all! All has resumed as normal here! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now