Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Want to get pregnant but have started new job, need help working out dates for contractual mat pay please

(4 Posts)
LadyPenelope1 Tue 02-Oct-12 16:04:50

Hi, I started my new job on 24th september, and have just looked at the mat pay on my contract, to get contractual mat pay I must 'have worked for company continuously for one year by the beginning of the 11th week before the baby is due.' How do i work out dates please, it's all rather confusuing, obviously I don't want to forfeit my contractual mat pay. Thanks

girlgonemild Tue 02-Oct-12 16:08:38

Well a year is 52 weeks so minus 11 weeks and your on 41 weeks. That means you can conceive 3 weeks into your new job. Pregnancy is counted as 40 weeks but they count from last menstrual period or 2 weeks before conception not from the day you have sex! To be extra safe I would leave it 1-2 months after starting a new job just so there is no confusion.

girlgonemild Tue 02-Oct-12 16:13:36

Oop sorry i got the wrong end of the stick from your post. 1 year at 11 weeks before due date not 1 year at due date....that means you have to work for them for 25 weeks before actually conceiving I think.

LadyPenelope1 Tue 02-Oct-12 16:40:53

That's what i thought -boo!! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now