Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much weight did you put on?

(9 Posts)
ALittleBitOfMagic Tue 02-Oct-12 15:49:46

I'm 35wks and was quite big before getting pg anyway but I weighed myself randomly last night and I've not even put in a stone ! That can't be right ? I feel so heavy ! Just wondering what the average/usual weight gain is ?

RobinSparkles Tue 02-Oct-12 15:54:26

I think the guideline is about 25 to 35 pounds depending on how big you were before hand.

Everybody is different though - I've known people who have actually lost weight due to morning sickness.

I think I put on about 3 and a half stone with both of my girls shock. I can't remember exactly but it was at least 3 stone! I think I got too scared to look by the end of my pregnancy with DD2 so I didn't weigh myself right at the end grin.

ALittleBitOfMagic Tue 02-Oct-12 15:58:50

I've actually just checked what my booking weight was and I've not put any weight on at all !!! Does that mean I've been losing fat as baby is growing ? That can't be right ? I think I'm going to get mw to weigh me next appointment this can't be right I think my scales are wrong !!confused

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Tue 02-Oct-12 15:59:50

I only put about a stone on. So I think I lost some of my own weight while pregnant.

ALittleBitOfMagic Tue 02-Oct-12 16:01:38

I know Robin I didnt weigh myself with DD but DH had the scales out last night (he is on a new baby health kickgrin) and I just randomly jumped on . I don't normally even weigh myself that's how I didn't even realise I hadn't put any weight on must have been heavier before than I thought blush

Love the name btw grin let's go to the mall .... Today !!! grin

Figgygal Tue 02-Oct-12 16:02:16

I was normal weight before put on 3 stone due to an uncontrollable sweet tooth by the end had lost it all 6 months later thank Christ and that was without dieting or exercise or bf unfortunately as that was a proper old disaster have a saggy tummy though. ......must do sit ups ......must do sit ups

Splatt34 Tue 02-Oct-12 16:04:23

I put on 10 kg & was back to bookong wt within 3 weeks. overweight to start with but i was also really careful as was so scared of putting on 4 stone as a friend did. also reducee alcohol calories must play a parr ;-)

RobinSparkles Tue 02-Oct-12 16:14:31

grin ALittleBitOfMagic

When my mum was pregnant with me (30 years ago) she was told not to put any weight on confused. I have no idea why, but she didn't.

As long as the baby is moving well and has been ok at MW appointments I wouldn't worry at all. smile

Boop33 Tue 02-Oct-12 18:32:48

2 stone !! have put on a stone of that within the last 3 weeks ( am 35 + 3)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now