Talk

Advanced search

first pregnancy! worried!

(7 Posts)
SammyFirstBaby Tue 02-Oct-12 15:45:01

Ok so I should be 10 weeks this friday. I'm seeing my midwife for the first time then so I guess ill know if everythings ok then.

Me and my boyfriend had sex on saturday (sorry) and since then my pregnancy symptoms have just.. Stopped.
I had suffered from sicky feeling allday, and often so bad I had to make myself sick at night to sleep.
Got back ache from making the bed and carying bags.
I now have NONE of these.
I'm worried. I havnt bled, not had to cramps. Nothing like that, but as you do iv been googling like mad! And its saying it could be a missed miscarry?
Any one had this!!

Rockchick1984 Tue 02-Oct-12 16:02:12

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I've never had a miscarriage, but my symptoms all disappeared around 9 or 10 weeks, my son is now 18 months and tearing up the living room smile

katiecubs Tue 02-Oct-12 16:03:36

Try not to worry - it's normal for MS to die down about now, for me weeks 7-9 were the worst and i was loads better by 10 weeks. Everything was fine at my 12 week scan smile

HaveALittleFaith Tue 02-Oct-12 16:13:22

Hi, I'm exactly a week ahead of you and have very similar progression with symptoms. Then at 9+6 I was violently sick again! Sunday morning (so 9+2) I said to DH I didn't think I had many mood swings and promptly had a meltdown! I understand it's something to do with the placenta starting to take over so your symptoms ease a bit.

SammyFirstBaby Tue 02-Oct-12 16:22:51

Thanks for the advice ladies.[Thanks]
I hope everything is ok!
Will my midwife be able to check?

phoenixrose314 Tue 02-Oct-12 16:29:45

NEVER Google stuff!!!!

You are fine, same thing happened to me at 10/11 weeks, the sickness and cramping just vanished. I am now 17 weeks and have a very healthy happy baby judging by the sound of its heartbeat! Oh, and my symptoms never came back either!! smile

Relax, everything will be fine and if you're really worried, ask your midwife for an early scan. You may not get one as there are people with more need, but if they're not busy you might get lucky.

isambardo Tue 02-Oct-12 18:02:02

My symptoms disappeared at 9 weeks too, pretty common I think.

When you see the midwife she probably wont want to check for a heartbeat because it's hard for them to find and will make you more anxious if she can't (which is very common).

You could ask for an early scan but may just have to hold out for your 12 week one. It's an anxious time, I was bricking it about a missed miscarriage. Just bear in mind that 99% of the time it's absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now