Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant rants

(4 Posts)
monopod Mon 01-Oct-12 20:04:33

For no other reason than it may make me feel a little better, I'm going to have a rant. I'm 36 weeks and at work for another couple of weeks, I have too much to do before going on maternity leave, I'm exhausted, today I'm feeling ill and have just thrown up, I feel like I'm getting an umbilical hernia or something and I can't carry DC1, or cough/sneeze without having to hold on to my belly button, baby is still breech and has been since before 28 weeks despite all the things I've done to try and get him/her to move, which means I'm likely to have to have an elective section (due to a variety of reasons) which I thought I'd made my peace with but am feeling moody about again, and I'm GRUMPY.

Ah. That's a bit better. Feel free to have a rant too.

monopod Mon 01-Oct-12 20:05:34

And I'm waddling and I have a squidgy bum. And fat arms.

WillYouDoTheFandango Mon 01-Oct-12 20:17:33

Ooh lovely! Won't pass up the chance for a whinge!

I am 28 weeks and the pain in my ribs is so bad that I now cry during my commute home and I spent most of today lying on the floor of my office with my laptop. I have 9 weeks left to work and have no idea how I'll manage it sad

mummy2benji Tue 02-Oct-12 10:57:18

Hugs to you poor ladies! I am 36+3 and I am lucky enough to have started mat leave, BUT hubby has major major exam less than 2 weeks after baby is due and so is having to study 24/7 - which means I am looking after lively 3 and a half year old ds entirely by myself and getting no help at home. No relatives nearby... He is a poor sleeper so I am up every night with him a couple of times - add to that the trips to the toilet with my squashed bladder and the discomfort of trying to sleep with sciatica and I am constantly exhausted! Oh and the low iron doesn't help with that either, although I am on the iron tablets now. Ds still wants carries and cuddles and my poor bump is getting very achey. Baby girl is apparently a gymnast as she doesn't simply kick, she twists and stretches and I am getting these frequent pushing, scraping movements which make me wince. Otherwise everything is grand! ;) x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now