Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

another thing... our cat is behaving strangely (same way she did when I was pregnant with DC1)

(5 Posts)
Amnewtoallthis Mon 01-Oct-12 17:54:23

Am wondering if our cat has realised I'm pg again. I'm 8 weeks. She's (nearly) 21 years old and has taken to lying on or next to my tummy in bed, not to mention the strange staring thing she is doing. She did this last time I was pregnant, which was five years ago nearly now. She did freak out with DD was born, and wee-d on the maxi cosis car seat (when my DD was just 2 weeks), my DD loves her now and she gets more attention from her than us! Anyone else's pets doing the same thing.

newtonupontheheath Mon 01-Oct-12 18:04:25

Yes.

My cat is crazy... She tries to eat my hair, keeps hitting me unless I constantly stroke her and if I'm busy doing anything (other than stroking her) she sits and states at me.

When I'm not pregnant, she doesn't even give me the time of day hmm in fact I'd go as far as saying she actively ignores me! grin

She did the same when I was pregnant with ds. Who she now adores (but was terrified of for the first 6 months!)

mrsbugsywugsy Mon 01-Oct-12 18:14:10

yes my cat started acting very oddly when I first got pregnant - being very cuddly, licking me to wake me up, and bringing me lots of 'presents'.

fuchsia01 Mon 01-Oct-12 18:34:53

Yes! I think my cat knew weeks before I did! She's so cuddly, wants to sleep right next to me in bed rather than at my feet, comes and sits on my tummy, hangs out with me downstairs (usually you can't tear her away from the bed!). So weird! But cute smile

Badgerina Mon 01-Oct-12 20:18:58

I'm in very early labour and my cat is obsessed with me. It's BIZARRE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now