Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone else have random irrational fears during pregnancy..???

(4 Posts)
octanegirl Mon 01-Oct-12 16:12:38

I'm about 6 months now and am having (and have been having) lots of worries/fears. These include (but are not limited to!):

1) Being the 1 in however many thousand that has a Downs baby (despite 1:7800 risk after NT and bloods)
2) Baby dying in utero (this just happened to DP's cousin at 39 weeks)
3) Baby dying or being brain damaged at birth

And does anyone else realise they have to prepare/buy things but feel like doing so is presumptuous/might jinx it..??

Or am I just bonkers?

terilou87 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:25:56

i think we all have fears of something happening, its hormones tho they mess with your head, try not worrying too much tho cos its not good for baby you stressing out. and its not just you being bonkers. we all are grin

charlienash25 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:32:33

ohh ive had many! baby dying in my uterus being the main one (had this happen in 2010 at 34 weeks)

babys head getting stuck and my cervix strangling her if i have a normal delivery

i think its just hormones making us over react. some of the dreams ive had are out of this world, some feel extremely real but i know they will never come true

blooblies Mon 01-Oct-12 16:49:31

with my first pregnancy I had an irrational fear of going even 1mph over the speed limit - it set off braxtons like nothing else on earth. It drove DH mad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now