Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding

(9 Posts)
GoByTrain Mon 01-Oct-12 12:25:31

Light pink spotting (on wiping) since Friday, real red blood yesterday and today. Not horrendous amounts but light (like day 1 of period). Am 12 weeks tomorrow. In fact, I have my 12 week scan tomorrow afternoon. What should I do? Wait it out or go to the epu now?
I'm Rh-.
And in need of some serious hand holding... sad

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Mon 01-Oct-12 12:27:31

EPU now, there's no point spending another day worrying.

Hope all is ok.

Mama1980 Mon 01-Oct-12 12:29:01

<<Hand held>> Can you call your midwife for advice? Personally I would go to epu. I am 13 weeks and have bled constantly but scan show babe is ok. I also bled with ds 1 who is fine. I have my fingers crossed for you

GoByTrain Mon 01-Oct-12 13:35:29

Thanks both - also reassuring news from you Mama - hope the rest all goes really well.

Called my (very sensible and reassuring) GP who explained the EPU closes at 11.30 on a Monday (ha), advised me that I might as well wait until tomorrow, and said that the fact I wasn't cramping was, at least, a good sign. Oh and to take it easy.

Of course, following a weekend's worth of google research (why do I do it to myself) I see that plenty of mc's follow the course I'm experiencing - pink spotting, red blood, no cramping. Ah well.

I am taking it extremely easy and will just wait til tomorrow. My only one concern is my blood group (Rh-) and whether I ought to be getting anti D jabs or etc.

MagicMikesThong Mon 01-Oct-12 13:41:48

I had this a couple of times in early pregnancy (10 weeks and 13 weeks) and one of the times blood actually splashed into the toilet <freak out emoticon>

Both scans showed the baby was happy as larry.

There is no way of knowing before you get the scan though. Just take care of yourself and try to rest if you can.

Do you have any pregnancy symptoms?

GoByTrain Mon 01-Oct-12 13:58:46

Magic - poor you, I have had the blood splash too. It is just like a light period, and I am freaking too.
I don't even know if I have any pregnancy symptoms since I can't get a measure on the way I'm feeling (which is a bit out-of-body numb). However, I couldn't face eating something I'd prep'd for lunch so that is a pretty sure preg symptom I guess.
Magic I'm just hoping I get a happy as larry scan tomorrow too - plz send some good karma my way for tomorrow!!

MayimBialik Mon 01-Oct-12 14:18:48

GoByTrain - you have 72 hours to get an anti-D jab so don't worry about that. Just rest up and hopefully all should be ok. When you go for your scan tomorrow they will organise anti-D for you (you don't need of before 12 weeks but as you're bang on they'll probably give you a small dose.)

Fingers crossed all is ok. I've had bleeding on 2 occasions this pregnancy (also RH-) and all has been fine. Am now 35 weeks

GoByTrain Mon 01-Oct-12 15:00:24

THANK YOU Mayim it is so helpful to hear good stories. I am gearing myself up for the worst. But I know there's still a chance my story might go along your and Magic's lines. Sympathy for the Rh- (the joy) and thanks for the info. I also think the only reason to get a dose of anti-D at this stage is if I actually have a full-on mc.
Oh it's not a happy place I'm in. Thanks for the support.

MagicMikesThong Mon 01-Oct-12 16:10:42

Sending positive vibes/karma your way smile

Do let us know how you get on x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now