Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint HB at 5.5 weeks but none at 6.5 weeks. Is there still hope?

(14 Posts)
Anya1976 Mon 01-Oct-12 10:53:02

I had a scan this am and the sonografer didn't see the heartbeat. She saw a faint one last week. Told me to come back in two weeks time. Should I give up now or is there still hope???

CakeBump Mon 01-Oct-12 11:20:24

Surely its wayyyyy too soon to be hearing a heartbeat?

I though it was possible around 7 weeks at the earliest - and I didn't hear mine until 21 weeks!!

I would question why your sonograoher is trying to find a heartbeat, tbh.

floatyjosmum Mon 01-Oct-12 11:23:41

I always thought it was 6 weeks.

Id try to be positive with her asking you to come back in 2 weeks. Shes not saying the worst has happened. I've had a scan where they said that I'd miscarried to be told a week layer everything is fine dd is now 7 yrs and no probs at all.

Positivity is hard to do sometimes but it's needed x x x

Anya1976 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:23:41

We did see a faint heartbeat a week ago....

CakeBump Mon 01-Oct-12 11:39:52

It could easily be that the baby has moved, and is so tiny that the heartbeat can't be picked up. If you have had no other symptoms I would really try not to worry - its the size of a grain or rice or something at this point isn't it?

terilou87 Mon 01-Oct-12 15:20:57

doesnt sound good, but fingers crossed for you it is just babys moved as cakebump said, and heart beat can usually be seen from bout 6 weeks. fingers crossed for you hun x x

Anya1976 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:16:47

I'm not getting my hopes up sad

janiewoozle Mon 01-Oct-12 16:18:56

hi anya, i'm in exactly the same boat as you unfortunately. I was hospital 10 days ago and discovered i was about 5 weeks pregnant with twins and this morning i went for a second scan. sadly, one of the little babies hasn't grown since last time, and although the consultant could see a flicker of a heartbeat last time, nothing could be detected this morning. i have read that heartbeats can normally be detected from 7 weeks onwards, sometimes later so things could be ok for you. i hope you can stay positive until your next scan, i have my fingers crossed for you x x

pebspop Mon 01-Oct-12 16:25:26

did the sonographer get a second opinion from another somographer?

this happened to me and i had to go back a week later. unfortunatley it wasn't good news. i was googling like crazy that week and some people did get good news when they went back. thats why they want you to go back as there could be good news.

i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

cakebump not sure if you have ever been in this situation but the advice you seem to be giving would relate more to hearing the hb rather than seeing it on a scan. if the baby had moved the sonographer should still have been able to pick up the heartbeat as they would be able to see the baby in it's new position.

Anya1976 Mon 01-Oct-12 17:07:37

Hi pebspop. Thank you for your message. I'm in pieces sad she didn't get a second opinion but she did take time when she was doing the scan. I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year and it looks like I've just had another one.

pebspop Mon 01-Oct-12 18:38:28

its awful isn't it. I have had 3 mcs I am pg for the fourth time following investigations for recurrent mc and I am 13 weeks. I am taking aspirin and blood thinning injections.

I have had a mmc at the 20 week scan so I am very nervous but hopeful.

hope it works out for you

jinglesticks Mon 01-Oct-12 19:05:20

They couldn't find a heartbeat in my scan at about 6.5 weeks. They didnt seems at all worried by this. Went back at 8 weeks and they did find one. Resulted in healthy baby. Its possible the heart was still beating and they couldn't see it.
X

Anya1976 Mon 01-Oct-12 20:40:23

Hi jinglesticks, it was beating a week ago sad

monkeysbignuts Mon 01-Oct-12 20:46:01

it doesn't sound good op. I really hope you have good news when you go back, hugs xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now