Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to do, 31 weeks?? (tmi maybe)

(7 Posts)
charlienash25 Mon 01-Oct-12 09:28:52

So as it stands, I havent been very well at all and am 31+4 weeks

I woke Thursday with the worst headache imaginable - so did the sensible thing and went to GP to have my observations done - all were fine.
Headache carried on until Sunday morning.

My appetite has also gone completely. And everything I do eat end up coming back up or straight out the other end. Even the smell of food sets me off.

Since Friday I have managed 3 chips, 2 yoghurts and a quarter of a sandwich all of which has come back up. Even water isnt staying down.

I was also told last Friday that baby had dropped on the growth chart.

Yesterday (Sunday) I was projectile vomiting for most the evening and when i went to the toilet for a wee and wiped myself it was an orange/yellowy colour with what i believe to be lots of discharge.

I have woke up this morning still with a niggle of a headache but that is bearable, runs like water, pain in my calfs and under my ribs.

I know baby is fine and alive as she has been moving constantly, but I dont know whether to go back to the docs to be told everything is fine or go to LW to get a thorough checking over. I dont want to end up spending all day in hospital to be told everything is fine and its just 'one of those things' again.

mummy2benji Mon 01-Oct-12 09:38:25

See your GP - going to LW would help reassure you that baby is okay if you did have concerns about movements or growth, but it sounds like you need to see the GP really to have a diagnosis made and see if you need to send off a stool sample to the lab or have a swab taken. (I'm a GP). Try some Dioralyte if you haven't already - make sure you make it up with the exact amount of water it advises or it won't work properly, and just have frequent sips rather than knocking it back. Will help to rehydrate you and may calm down your irritated bowel. Hope you feel better soon x

jamboncru Mon 01-Oct-12 09:48:00

Absolutely agree with above. You sound dehydrated and need to see your GP today. Reassuring that baby is moving plenty and I'm sure everything will be fine but please don't feel you are going to be fobbed off. I'm also a GP and if you were my patient I would definitely want to see you! Hope you feel better soon

cupcake78 Mon 01-Oct-12 10:00:31

Yep agree, off to the drs you go and please go todaygrin

charlienash25 Mon 01-Oct-12 10:52:39

Thanks for replies, have spoken to a midwife at the hospital and have booked myself in at gp. Have just tried to eat a weetabix - got through it all but didnt stay down sad

terilou87 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:06:14

aww hun, you sound like your having an awfull time, cant really add more than what every one else has already said so wont repeat, but hope you get well soon smile

charlienash25 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:15:32

Have been to the docs as advised and am going to post just in case any other mums are feeling like this.

I have been told i have gastro-enteritis (sp?) so have been put on a detox of lucozade sport drinks for 24 hours with no food - but assured that baby will be fine with this detox

He also think I may have an infection but unsure where as my urine was coming back clear (also sent one off for lab testing on Friday but results havent come back) so has put me on amoxicillin too.

Have been told not to worry too much but he will call me on wednesday to see how i am doing. Quite a sigh of relief!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now