Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy workout DVDs?

(6 Posts)
Pontouf Sun 30-Sep-12 07:52:33

Can anyone recommend a good preg work out DVD? I think <frantically touches wood> that I am getting over the morning sickness and am hoping my 2nd trimester will be a lot more pleasant! I'm starting to get some energy back now. Would like to keep up a reasonable level of fitness but am quite time poor - working full time and have a toddler, so was wondering about a DVD I could do as and when. Does anyone know of any good ones?

woody2313 Sun 30-Sep-12 09:01:02

I've got the Erin O'Brien one. It's ok - you feel like you've exercised, it gets you quite warm; squats and stretches, etc. Just feels a bit tame compared to the Zumba/ running/ Shred DVD I was doing pre-pregnancy!

Pontouf Sun 30-Sep-12 09:44:43

Thanks Woody, yeah I was doing the shred pre BFP, but think it's probably not wise to do it now - especially after nearly three months off due to hideous morning sickness/ exhaustion!

tableandchairs Sun 30-Sep-12 14:10:31

Summer Sanders pregnancy workout is good (although she's a bit annoying).

As is Suzanne Bowen's 'Lean and Toned'.

There's also the 10 minute prenatal pilates DVD which is ok.

There's also the 'Perfect Pregnancy Workout' by Karyne Steben. Not sure it quite deserves that title, but it's good too and has options for various levels.

I wouldn't do 'non-pregnancy' workouts unless you know about what positions to avoid and can tailor it accordingly.

kellestar Sun 30-Sep-12 17:36:48

I have a pregnancy pilates which was good last time, until the SPD kicked in, it was also good as they had a postnatal workout too. It was the Lynne Robinson one. I'll have to get it back off a friend as it was quite good.

xPennyx Thu 08-Nov-12 12:28:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now