Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

D&V at 23 weeks + 6 - what are the risks?

(6 Posts)
Flossbert Sun 30-Sep-12 07:03:10

I have picked up a D&V bug and have been unwell since last night. I am 24 weeks pregnant today. Does anyone know what risks there are to the baby? Should I be getting myself to the Early Assessment Unit? Baby moving lots, and if it makes any difference, I'm about 90% sure it's a bug, rather than food poisoning.

TIA

Rosduk Sun 30-Sep-12 07:10:48

The only risk is dehydration it won't harm the baby in any other way. Just make sure you keep your fluids up- your baby will be fine!
Hope you feel better soon.

debbie1412 Sun 30-Sep-12 07:15:39

I had a stomach bug mid pregnancy too, it's strange because I never get them. Mine lasted about 12 hours violent d&v. I just let it run it's course my bump felt sore for days after. I also didn't bounce back after 24 hours I had to get to holland and barretts for some feroglobin tonic ( pick me up ) to restore the goodness I lost. You prob don't need to seek medical advice. Just make sure your drinking lots of water and resting. X

Bunsouttheoven Sun 30-Sep-12 07:21:04

I had d & v big at a similar time when pregnant. I really did feel terrible but all was fine. Avoid dehydration, maybe have some rehydration salts. I wouldn't go to hospital unless the baby movements changed, d & v bugs are really not welcome at hospitals.
Poor you, rest & try & get some sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

Flossbert Sun 30-Sep-12 09:54:37

Thanks all. This really is the pits sad Will persevere with the diorlyte.

Nicky1306 Sun 30-Sep-12 10:05:13

Hey, just what the others said really, loads of fluids, and rest rest rest! When you are asleep your body is heeling , hope you feel better soon x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now