Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back ache - any tips?

(4 Posts)
wkmmum Sat 29-Sep-12 17:46:06

I'm 32 weeks with DC2 and my back is absolutely killing me. Seriously, I only have to be standing/walking for 10mins and I'm in agony and desperate to sit down.

DS is 8 so it's been a while since I did this and can't remember a lot of it. But it can't have been this bad last time - I was commuting into London doing shift work til 38 weeks.

Any tips on what to do? Cos right now the only thing that helps is sitting/laying down and I obviously can't do that all of the time xx

KentuckyFriedChildren Sat 29-Sep-12 18:04:02

Heat pack? I often strap a small hot waterbottle to my back with a scarf for walking to school (3 miles) but that would probably be a bit cumbersome for work/commute so perhaps those self heating patches?

mummy2benji Sat 29-Sep-12 18:09:02

Bump support belt? I haven't used one myself so not sure how good they are. Physio would help, but NHS physio has a fairly long wait which wouldn't be any good to you at 32 weeks - I was referred at 30 weeks for sciatica, and still haven't heard anything at 36 weeks. I would have gone privately if it hadn't improved a bit though - it costs about £30-40 for a private physio session. Even just one session might benefit you though as they would be able to teach you the right exercises to do. Fit Flops might help or at least comfy flats which provide some support as they do help improve your posture. Hope you feel better soon x

wkmmum Sat 29-Sep-12 18:25:20

Thank-you both.

I don't commute anymore so might give heat a go.

Just remembered that someone gave me a bump support belt so will dig that out! Will also look into physio. You're right - probably too late for NHS but might be able to afford a session or 2 privately xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now