Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fall at 38+5

(5 Posts)
javotte Sat 29-Sep-12 13:16:44

I managed to stumble on my own feet and fell - quite heavily - on my left side.
I didn't hurt myself but I am very worried about the placenta. Is there a way I can check if the baby is OK? Hospital is quite far away, I don't drive and DH is at work.

l3mma Sat 29-Sep-12 13:22:59

phone the midwife n speak to her, I am sure she will be the best person to know n reasure you, thinking of you x

Tamisara Sat 29-Sep-12 14:47:06

As hard as it is, please do get seen.

To be honest, the baby is pretty well-cushioned, by amniotic fluid, so it should be fine.

I do think you should watch very carefully, for any strange things.

I slipped on the stairs, when I was nearly 36 weeks. I fell on my bum - so my bump wasn't involved at all. Still felt baby move, didn't have any pain, thought everything was fine. About an hour later I had some spotting, so did go to the L&D ward. I was monitored, baby was moving fine, and I was discharged - under orders to take it easy.

A week later I had a growth scan. Baby was fine, but my fluid had reduced. The sonographer did comment, but to my never-ceasing anger, the SHO I saw, wasn't concerned.

Just days after the scan, I noticed that baby hadn't moved much. I got checked out, to find out she had died. I also had no fluid.

So please, however stupid you feel, do at least ring for advice. And if you have any bleeding, any leak of fluid, or if baby moves less - or much more than usual - do get it checked ASAP.

Best of luck to you xx

mummy2benji Sat 29-Sep-12 17:54:56

Tamisara I was so saddened by your post - hugs to you and take care.

Javotte - baby is very well cushioned in there but agree you should contact your midwife and be checked out for peace of mind. All the best.

x

BikeRunSki Sat 29-Sep-12 18:13:01

I was going to say that I fell of my bum and slipped and stumbled down some concrete steps at 38 weeks and all was well, DS came at 38.5, footling breech, but healthy. Then I saw Tamisara's post and can only say - Go and get checked! At least ring, get a taxi!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now